Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 02-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #21
Abbott
Forum Member

Default Re: Pipers Dojo Cruise

I am not a dojo member i have read the correspondance and the advert for the trip . Here is my tuppence worth as we have two people in conflict, one who has had his holiday ruined, and one who is protecting his business.
I think Andrew should reflect on several points and learn how to manage crises in his business. Mistakes are easily made and it is not easy even for big companies , look at Facebook, Boeing, etc and the effect on their customers.

It seems to have been a mistake to make 4 satisfaction promises, which he could not control, because they were clearly linked to a third party's performance.
The publicity for coming with the family is a double edged sword and brings another variable into the "satisfaction " equation.
When the cruise line gave the opportunity for clients not to go and propose a full refund, Dojo should have anticipated that some of his piping clients would potentially accept this offer, thus not taking the lessons, and establish his own policy regarding annulation and communicate it to all concerned to allow enlightened decisions to be made.

Obviously hindsight gives 20 20 vision and it is easy to criticise but the question Dojo must now answer is how to conserve it's reputation which rightly or wrongly is being attacked.

When my staff were in conflict with outside forces i always asked them
Do you want to prove your point of vue or do you want to achieve your goals ?
After the reply we acted accordingly as you both need to do .
Hope you find a win win solution

Envoyé de mon iPad

Envoyé de mon iPad
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 02-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #22
Molasses4masses
Forum Regular

Default Re: Pipers Dojo Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac an t-Sealgair View Post
Cruise aside (you were compensated for that), how much instruction did you get/take part in/voluntarily avoid? Why did the instruction from world class players not satisfy you?
This is kind of what I was wondering, but haven't asked. And, I know the OP was offended at 3 free months of Dojo U, but I think they probably could have negotiated for a free year or so. I know the backlog of info alone was helpful for me in the time I was a member, so it's not like they wouldn't have access to anything of value.
Molasses4masses is offline   Reply With Quote