Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 04-07-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
WBpiper
Forum Gold Medal

Default Good news!

Well, seeing as I was putting so many updates on the blowing thread I created, I just thought I was beating a dead horse at that point since everything was addressed already.

I got the replacement O-Ring ďdonutĒ bridles on my Kinnaird evoís yesterday, and today I put the Bannatyne DriFlo in the pipes today and WOW. The drones were more stable then they ever have been, and they were just singing! seriously, they have never sounded this good, the tenors were ringing like those crystal wine glasses and the bass was rock steady. Itís just one of those days. Itís always surprising how the little things can have such an enormous effect on this instrument!

I just need to express somewhere how overwhelmed with joy I am , the past few days Iíve been so frustrated everything felt futile.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #2
Pip01
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Good news!

WBpiper,

And ain't it just Grand ... when things work out?!

Ain't it just!!

Hearty congratulations!! :)

Old 04-08-2020, 05:55 AM   #3
johnsog
Forum Regular

Such exciting news!! It is, indeed, amazing how a seemingly small thing can make such a huge difference in our instrument. Thanks for sharing your joy!!
johnsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #4
WBpiper
Forum Gold Medal

No problem

I also seem to have a much easier time working on keeping a steady pressure.

This whole time I guess I was trying to stabilize my wet drone reeds, which was ironically making my blowing worse
Old 04-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #5
Molasses4masses
Forum Regular

DriFlo are a game changer, for sure! They refined my drone sound quite a bit (in my opinion).
Molasses4masses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
burp birl
Holy smoking keyboard!

I started using Bannatyne Dri Flo about a week and a half ago in my new hybrid Canmore bag.....I really like it. My drones have never been so dry and stable....even after playing for an hour!

New bridles can make all the difference in the World. An efficient bagpipe is your friend!

Jenni
Old 04-09-2020, 01:29 PM   #7
WBpiper
Forum Gold Medal

My only gripe with it is removing the caps to empty. I wish they had a little handle to make it easier to take them off.

I am unable to take them off with my hands, I use needle-nose pliers, with very fine teeth as to not damage the plastic.

No big deal really, best MCS I’ve ever used.

Last edited by WBpiper; 04-09-2020 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Redundant text removed, and grammatical errors
WBpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #8
burp birl
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBpiper View Post
My only gripe with it is removing the caps to empty. I wish they had a little handle to make it easier to take them off.

I am unable to take them off with my hands, I use needle-nose pliers, with very fine teeth as to not damage the plastic.

No big deal really, best MCS Iíve ever used.
THAT's my gripe too! Right down to the needle nose pliers. I've got my thinking cap on and going to figure out a better solution because I really don't like the current plug system! Wish there was a screw on meshed cap that could be attached to the hose.

Jenni