Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > History, Tradition, Heritage
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

History, Tradition, Heritage As related to the subjects of piping, drumming and pipe bands.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
aboode
Forum Silver Medal

Default British Columbia Dragoons

I understand that the British Columbia Dragoons had a pipe band from 1955 to 1970.
Does someone know the names of the Pipe Majors and when (year from-to) they were P/M?
Thanks
Aad
aboode is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 07-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #2
Macman
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: British Columbia Dragoons

I don't have personal knowledge of the band, but my copy of "Pipe Bands in British Columbia" by Carl Ian Walker, has an entry for the City of Penticton Pipe Band, which became the B.C. Dragoons Pipe Band from 1955 to 1970, as you've said. Pipe Major Gordon Halcrow was pipe major from 1951 to 1956, when Howard Duncan assumed command. He remained PM until 1971, when John Robb took over. There was also a cadet band during the militia period. The article gives quite a bit more information, so p/m me if you'd like more detail.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote