Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other Topics > In Memoriam
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Memoriam Sharing memories of friends and loved ones departed from our world of piping drumming and pipe bands.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 PM   #431
Sandy Henderson
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: Bob Dunsire

I also had not been on the forum for a couple of months. I am saddened to hear of Bob's passing. He has given sensible people a forum to give and receive information on the piping and band world that is second to none.
Before I became a forum member I spent an enjoyable hour or so chatting to Bob at North Berwick as we both sat and listened to our respective siblings perform with their bands. As parents we shared that enjoyable appreciation of our kids playing miles better than we ever did.
I will miss his friendly intervention when things got a little heated.
I hope the words that have been exp[ressed by people all over the World will be some comfort to his family.
Sandy Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 01-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #432
therealviperpiper
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

I've not visited for a while, so I've only just been shocked by the news of Bob's passing. Bob helped me out on many occasions with good advice and practical help. In tricky situations he was the one to turn to for a level headed and above all honorable solution. He will be sorely missed. I'm glad to see his works will live on.
therealviperpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:39 AM   #433
gatormac
Holy smoking keyboard!

My condolences to Bob Dunshire's family and friends, and my eternal thanks to Mr. Dunshire for creating something on the web that is entertaining, educational, and respectable.

I never met Bob, but from viewing his many posts, I could tell that he had a sense of honesty, honor, and humor; and the confidence of someone who knew himself and felt good about what he knew.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #434
Mike Cole
Holy smoking keyboard!

It was an honor to have played The Bob Dunsire March in Benaroya Hall with the MSA piping and drumming faculty. It was performance that I will not forget.
Mike Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:37 PM   #435
John S. Foley
Holy smoking keyboard!

I was driving in my car the other day, and saw my Forum cap badge...and decided that a Bob Dunsire sun hat would have been appropriate! "Hey, you with the camera...down in front."
John S. Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #436
Marc
Forum Silver Medal

Oioioi...
to return after over a year absence and to read this announcement - what a shock!

Thank you Bob for your work and dedication!

Farewell!
". . . I am a piper. Hath not a piper eyes? hath not a piper hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die?..."
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #437
Andrew Lenz

Today marks another year since Bob's passing. May Bob continue to rest in peace (though I'm sure he's laughing it up) and may his legacy here at the Bob Dunsire forums continue for years to come.

Andrew

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ---Mark Twain
Andrew Lenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #438
Mike Greene
Administrator
Wizard of Oz

Ken MacKenzie reminded us Moderators that today marks 5 years since Bob Dunsire passed away.

RIP Bob, you are gone but not forgotten. Thank you for creating this place!