Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Competition Results
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competition Results Post and discuss competition results here.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #191
AAA
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Bethlehem

My Dad can't believe that a group of adults are so wound up about what a 16 year old has to say.

He says I don't have to apologize to anyone for giving an honest opinion.
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #192
Dubh
Forum Member

Well,....you can tell your dad that there were so many, many more of us who read this thread and laughed to ourselves without offering argument,...thinking all the while that the entire discussion was absolutely ridiculous.
Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #193
Eric Knudsen
Forum Regular

Kieth,Keith,Keith.........
16 years old?
Working part time at Wal-Mart dosen't make you a salesman.
And your right, Mommy and Daddy will make it all better, they make all the bad mans go away.
BTW I don't think CRAZY was taking up your cause! :idea:
Eric Knudsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:40 PM   #194
Curt
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieth Martin:
Yes this competition was a good time, but a good contest in my young opinion, no!
I steered clear of this silly discussion, but I was talking to someone that I hold in high regard to piping about this competition and he stated that he heard the "best grade 2 medley ever" that day. I wasn't there, but I would defer to his opinion anyway. That being said, I really feel you are just trolling along. I really don't care about East vs. West or whatever. Good piping is what I enjoy.

You are just messing about and got what you wanted.... a rise out of some people.

Enjoy your efforts. I suggest you find a good instructor. They are very important in progression in piping and you may learn something. Some of us have instructors that judge world class events. Sometimes differing to a more knowledgeable piper is in your best interest in progressing.

Good luck,
Curt
Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 AM   #195
Gimpytenor
Forum Silver Medal

wow.... those are some pretty interesting words after some of the wise things curt has said recently.....

gimp
Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 AM   #196
the Jamesinator
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Just listened to the recordings! Great job, Glengarry!
the Jamesinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #197
Prison Piper
Forum Regular

Keith in regard to the following:

He says I don't have to apologize to anyone for giving an honest opinion.

I guess that explains what's missing in your posts. The folks you are engaging care and are invested in their art. They are passionate about their instrument and respective play. They understand that it takes years of dicipline and committment before one can even pick up a set of pipes or a snare. When they criticize each other, that understanding or respect serves as a preface or overtone to how a criticism is worded. Yes people on these forums argue and disagree but, what you rarely see are blanket statements about not being good enough to be at one's respective level of play.

I'm not sure how one such as yourself, makes it to level 2 as detached as your post suggests the members of this forum should be. I think most would opt to remain both musically and emotionally connected to their respective art or, musicians versus technicians.

I also think for many of us, not only our parents but also our pipe majors would be able to point out where an appology or, clarification would be justified. Maybe there is a vast difference in our respective upbringings. I think however most on these forums would not want to change who they are including their respective values and how they were raised. Opinions without respectfullness is not something most here would not desire to mentor. This is a musical genre that one cannot teach to themself. If your going to aspire, you need those who have mastered this art form beyond you, if you can see beyond you.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #198
Pj
Forum Regular

Tired of all this already. Move on.
This is why I do not do competitions.
This is supposed to be fun. How is any of this stuff fun?
pj
Pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #199
AAA
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally posted by the Jamesinator:
Just listened to the recordings! Great job, Glengarry!
James, according to some on this forum, you are not qualified to make that statement with only 5.5 years experience.
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #200
The Sasquatch
Forum Member

Keith,

Sorry man, but even though James has only played for 5.5 years, and is about 16 or so, he spent a year in Glengarry gr 2 and now plays with the Scottish Lion 78th Fraser Highlanders... So I think he can make that statement.
The Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote