Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other Topics > Forum Related
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Related Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #1
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default PhotoBucket issues

Many people when posting photos/images use a 3rd party hosting site such as PhotoBucket.

Photobucket recently changed their policies:

-the links to photos hosted on free PhotoBucket accounts are now dead

-links to photos on paid ad-free PhotoBucket accounts will be severed in Dec 2018

-going forward, 3rd party hosting on PhotoBucket requires a $400 per year payment.

As one might expect, thousands of people who have used PhotoBucket for 3rd party hosting for years and/or have hundreds or thousands of photos stored there aren't happy.

I for one have been migrating my photos to Imgur. Once this is complete I will cancel my PhotoBucket account and all the photos I've posted on Bob Dunsire over the years will disappear.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
David
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: PhotoBucket issues

This has essentially ruined tens of thousands of archived forum entries across the Net. They used the so called free users by bombarding us with adverts. Now the have decided on a smaller cash up front clientele.

I have no confidence in the mid- or long-term stability of the current options to Photobucket. The nature of the relationship between the Internet and Revenue Generation has been changing. Services that continue as 3rd party hosters (intended or not) will feel the pressure from non-paying clinentel.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Mike Greene
Administrator
Wizard of Oz

Default Re: PhotoBucket issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancelticpiper View Post
Many people when posting photos/images use a 3rd party hosting site such as PhotoBucket.

{snip}

I for one have been migrating my photos to Imgur. Once this is complete I will cancel my PhotoBucket account and all the photos I've posted on Bob Dunsire over the years will disappear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This has essentially ruined tens of thousands of archived forum entries across the Net.
Over the years I've considered enabling photos to be hosted on the site for the above reasons. I know bandwidth was a concern in the early days of the forum and choices were made long ago about not enabling the ability to upload images.

Sounds like it may be a good time to revisit those settings and make some changes to permit images to be stored on the forum.