Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
Gr8_Piper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default World Piping Championships

How are the 2019 world piping championships being televised?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
magsevenband
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: World Piping Championships

The interest in these things seems to waning, at least here in the US...I can remember the day when one would eagerly await the latest World's CD or cassette..even though it would be replete with numerous bands opening their MSR with The Highland Wedding and various iterations of the strathspey Susan Macleod..contemptible as that was..now, I just don't hear many folks discussing what bands may have a shot at the Gold or the event at all..most younger Pipers couldn't care less..I can see their point to a degree..it's become a litany of mostly forgettable tunes that you couldn't hum to yourself from memory if your life depended on it..tunes that won't survive the test of time but played at the World's as if they were something special.. composed in awkward, uneven phrasings and generally unappealing to the ear and the masses..the set lists formulaic, robotic and firmly bourgeois, the chanters of a ghastly high pitch and tuned so finely as to deprive the instrument of it's character and soul...and played upon a pitch that is full of empty seats in the gallery with a driving rain lashing upon the competitors who have traveled many miles for a bucket list experience ..many never to return...their time perhaps better spent watching some proper Regimental Piping at the Tattoo in Edinburgh, although that too, sadly, is in decline in recent years..if I can find it on a broadcast somewhere I may tune in, but I doubt what I watch will be much different than described.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:51 AM   #3
dsb0628
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: World Piping Championships

In 2017 and 2018 I have watched the live stream of the final day's competition, enjoyed the event and particularly the massed bands before the award presentations. I will repeat my livestream viewing this year. Find the 2018 event at: World Pipe Band Championships 2018 on Livestream