Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other Topics > In Memoriam
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Memoriam Sharing memories of friends and loved ones departed from our world of piping drumming and pipe bands.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 09-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
johnsog
Forum Regular

Default Beth Begg

While I don't know much about Beth's history and don't have obituary information, I want to honor her here since I probably wouldn't not be playing the Highland pipes if it hadn't been for her.
She was a member of Heather & Thistle Pipes & Drums, based in Fargo, ND, for many years and was a very supportive and active member. When I first joined the group she suggested that she and I meet an hour before practice each week so she could help me transition from playing the chanter to the full pipes. This continued for at least a year. Admittedly we sometimes ended up visiting instead but her support and encouragement kept me from giving up. She was always a very kind lady, offering critiques objectively.
Several years ago she was diagnosed with a degenerative muscular condition that ended her ability to play the pipes. She continued to join us for practice when she could, offering assistance and support as needed. Eventually she entered a nursing home where she died Aug. 31, 2017. Our band is honored to have been invited to play for her funeral which will be this Saturday, Sept. 16, at the UCC Church in Valley City, ND, at 2:00. She was a dear woman who left a great legacy to piping and humanity.
johnsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 09-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
Shawn Husk
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Beth Begg

So sorry for your loss.... It's people like Beth who really spur us on when we are feeling discouraged. She sounded like a wonderful person. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

www.huskreeds.com
Shawn Husk is offline   Reply With Quote