Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums One of the largest message boards on the web ! bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Old 11-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #21
John McCain
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Equipment for video recording?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
however I find this less disturbing than the effects I was getting previously. Sample recording.

Nice playing! Sound is OK for the purpose. At some point the recording environment has to be addressed. Low ceiling, hard surfaces, etc.
Old 01-02-2021, 01:09 AM   #22
john amaro
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: Equipment for video recording?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
Update: I've made some progress on this, although I'm still not totally happy with what I'm getting.

Basically I have just reduced the output volume of my Zoom H2 that I am using as an external microphone. I was at around 50%, I'm now at around 35%. Reducing the input gain of the microphone did not solve the problem.

My phone is no longer reducing the volume of the loudest notes. It is still trying to boost the quieter notes (especially high A), however I find this less disturbing than the effects I was getting previously. Sample recording.

Apparently controlling microphone gain is just not a thing in Android. Turning automatic gain control on and off is possible, but I haven't found any camera apps that allow it. I did use an app called Open Camera which has a couple of helpful features. It has a volume level meter that you can display on the screen during recording. It also allows you to select "unprocessed audio" as an input source. The resulting audio does not sound good, but on the sample recording I made I could hear clipping in the loudest portions, which led me to reduce the mic volume. Apparently bagpipes are loud, who knew.

I also used a little android app called Audiometer, which was helpful. Simple open source app with no ads.
Once I have tried to shoot video with whatsapp camera while shooting the video look fine but when I finish my shooting and share it to my friends video is totally blurred and I don't understand how it could be then I have searched a lot on net and found an third party app and I downloaded it OGWhatsApp Apk to fix this issue and my problem also solve but I don't understand why whatsapp shared video is not playing well.
john amaro is offline   Reply With Quote