Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 11-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #11
VirulentPiper
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: David Naill Poly pipes

Thanks all for your input!
I found (what I think is...) a good deal on some Gibson ABW on ebay, and went for them!

Cheers!
Gold Sponsor
Old 11-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #12
njespers
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Piper View Post
In what way were you sold? I thought the tired old topic of CNC sounding inferior to “hand gouged” had been discredited long ago.

I’m a satellite systems engineer. We use NCM such that parts are consistent to within fractions of a mil (thousandths of an inch). McCallum has made excellent blackwood pipes for years. Transferring that technique to the NCM world just makes sense to me. Once you have a design that “works” (read: sounds good to a professional like Willie), each subsequent item should be virtually identical. Just resonates with my engineering sensibilities. That said, I get it that opinions vary among artists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
njespers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #13
Green Piper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njespers View Post
I’m a satellite systems engineer. We use NCM such that parts are consistent to within fractions of a mil (thousandths of an inch). McCallum has made excellent blackwood pipes for years. Transferring that technique to the NCM world just makes sense to me. Once you have a design that “works” (read: sounds good to a professional like Willie), each subsequent item should be virtually identical. Just resonates with my engineering sensibilities. That said, I get it that opinions vary among artists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well stated. I always got positive comments on the tone of my McCallum drones.