Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reviews Reviews of CDs, Music Books, DVDs, etc.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 08-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
B. Kildow
Forum Regular

Default Re: David Lindsey Practice Chanter

Beautiful work and some really pretty woods. *sighs* I guess I'll stick with my Dunbar poly. I'd be afraid to take one of those Lindsey's anywhere for fear of losing it, having it stolen and/or doing something stupid and breaking it. I'll have to admire them from afar.
B. Kildow is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 08-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #12
Josh Whitson
Forum Clasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Kildow View Post
Beautiful work and some really pretty woods. *sighs* I guess I'll stick with my Dunbar poly. I'd be afraid to take one of those Lindsey's anywhere for fear of losing it, having it stolen and/or doing something stupid and breaking it. I'll have to admire them from afar.
I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they've stood up to being dropped and banged around a bit.
Josh Whitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #13
Lucas W. Visagie
Forum Silver Medal

I got myself one (and a half ) and took possession of it about a week ago. It is really a well made PC. Mine has pretty much a "traditional" look: All ABW, steel ferrule with a moose antler ring just above and a moose antler sole. In one word, it is "robust". It has a nice weight and balance in your hand...very solid.
Tone wise I had to work a bit on the Boyd reed, but nothing that an elastic band couldn't fix.

I ordered one top and two bottom pieces, one standard and the other a feel right. I am impressed with both, although the feel right take a little more effort to play well, and I think it might actually help me on the finger work.

All and all it is a very good PC .

Last edited by Lucas W. Visagie; 08-29-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Lucas W. Visagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #14
Kittykat
Forum Regular

I have just ordered the "feel right" - as a newbie, my fingering suffered terribly when transferring to the pipes and hopefully this will keep me on track more!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #15
Molasses4masses
Forum Regular

I've got a silvertone birch with a damascus steel ferrule in the works. I'm excited I see progress and get the final result!
Molasses4masses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #16
RahOoh
Forum Regular

Because he custom makes these I would assume he doesn't have them stacked up waiting for customers. Anyone know what his turn-around time is on an order? Thanks!

Dan B
RahOoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 AM   #17
flares2
Forum Gold Medal

You'd have to email him to see how long his current wait list is but to ballpark it, mine took a month and my wife's was 6 weeks. I think a lot depends on if he has the wood and mount material in stock that you want.
flares2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
Kittykat
Forum Regular

For me it was exactly one month from the initial email interest to it being shipped here in OZ... David contacted me many times asking for options - what a pleasure to deal with him.

Now I just have to learn how to use the "feel right" better, but obviously a reflection on my pipe chanter skills as Grade 1 pipers who tried it had no problems!!
Old 10-12-2014, 04:42 AM   #19
flares2
Forum Gold Medal

The "feel right" chanter is great. I live just up the road from Lindsey and he let me try out the first prototype. Even as a grade 2 soloist, it made shortcomings in my playing very apparent. I got mine in August and practiced with it daily for the few weeks before Edinboro and Ligonier. At both games the judges commented my playing was cleaner than at games earlier this year.
flares2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #20
Molasses4masses
Forum Regular

Also, if you aren't used to a wider, louder reed it will taking some getting used to. This isn't a bad thing, though, as the sound quality and volume is way better than I imagined.
Molasses4masses is offline   Reply With Quote