Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 06-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
Pip01
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default CoP still open?

Greetings to All,

Does anyone know if the College of Piping
building and/or offices are still open?

And... if so... any scheduled... "Last Day?"

(If closed... when was... that... "Last Day?")

Also... if their e-mail addresses are still extant
and functioning?

Thank you.

Regards to All,

Pip01

Last edited by Pip01; 06-20-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Pip01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 06-21-2018, 05:25 AM   #2
Adam Sanderson

Default Re: CoP Still Open?

CoP is definitely still open, but it now gets referred to as The National Piping Centre Otago Street.

Current email address is otago@thepipingcentre.co.uk but I think the college@collegeofpiping.org address still works.

The CoP shop has joined with the Cowcaddens National Piping Centre shop, using the www.thebagpipeshop.co.uk address. You'll notice the CoP tutors are no longer listed for sale online, but the Piping Times is.

I don't know how long it will be sustainable to keep both the Piping Times and Piping Today magazines going. I think both are excellent, but the overall decline in printed media surely means it would be sensible to combine them at some point, especially when I hear that one of them now shifts less than 600 copies per issue.

The CoP identity seems to be fading away as it becomes part of the National Piping Centre brand. I don't see that as a negative thing, just another example that everything changes and nothing is permanent.

Pupils can now learn up to HNC or even degree level piping through the National Piping Centre resources now, which is quite different for those of us who sat the Institute of Piping exams at the CoP some decades ago, and that was as high as one could qualify. Smallpipe lessons and Gàidhlig lessons are now also ongoing at Otago Street, which is another recent change.

I'm not aware of any plans for closure.
Adam Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
Pppiper
Forum Clasp

Default Re: CoP still open?

I do know the "shop" for the CoP is still operating, though it's being serviced through the NPC. I made an order for a few books that were only available on the CoP website. I got them, and the followups were all through the NPC.

Cheers,
~Nate
Pppiper is online now   Reply With Quote