Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-30-2019, 07:43 AM   #1
celtickc86
Forum Member

Default Side Zipper

I've only ever had hybrid pipe bags with bottom zippers.

I've read various posts on this forum about issues people had with side zippers, specifically with the level of comfort (or lack thereof). People have complained of pain and numbness as a result of the zipper.

Is this common or are there more people who use side zippers and experience nothing (hence not needing to post about it)?

Basically I am asking: Are side zippered hybrid bags really that uncomfortable/noticeable?
celtickc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 01-30-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
Greenpipe
Forum Clasp

Default Re: Side Zipper

I've never noticed a problem. If one came up, I'd slip a piece of thin packing foam in to cover the zipper.
Greenpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
Texas Gael
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Side Zipper

I've played Ross pipe bags with side zippers for quite a while and I never noticed anything. The side zipper has never had any kind of impact on my playing.

Cheers -

Wes
Texas Gael is offline   Reply With Quote