Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
Draagoon
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Heavier than ABW

Can anyone tell me something about these pipes? They appear to have been turned in Pakistan but the wood is very heavy. Smaller dia stocks like pakistani’s. Without the ferule or cap the bass drone top weighs 200g this is 19 grams less than my H.Macpherson/Sinclairs with the ivory ring bush and ferule and 13 grams less than my Lawrie's with Catalin both are African Blackwood I have a Rosewood one that weighs 119g with aluminum cap and ferule. So, the wood is very heavy even the sapwood pieces and they don't seem to be resin impregnated. Bought these cheap recently, they are combed and beaded, I sleeved the cracked blowpipe with brass , reamed and affixed a little mac as pictured into the bottom of blowpipe stock, fashioned an aluminum ferule for the chanter stock which was missing. Hemped on the caps, mounts and ferules. Shepherd drone reeds will tune to A110/220/440hz as does the chanter with an apps med reed. Going to tie them into a rexine bag this weekend. How can I post some pics? Sry, Ima noob!

Last edited by Andrew Lenz; 01-19-2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: The shortened version of “Pakistani” is considered derogatory in some cultures.
Draagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 01-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
Andrew Lenz

Default Re: Heavier than ABW

Photos need to be hosted elsewhere (a photo sharing service) then linked in a post here.

(The only exception is the Trading Post, which allows limited size image attachments.)

Andrew

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ---Mark Twain
Andrew Lenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

Rexine bag. ? Was ist los?
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #4
magsevenband
Forum Gold Medal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rexine