Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-02-2020, 04:18 PM   #11
piper Q
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: The Times Being What They Are...

What was that about paupers being critical stinkers? I would like you to know, I can play the wrong notes upon my pipes with the best or is that worst of average pipers. Why if I wasn't afloat in unrequested gig offerings where I need to learn new (to me) tunes that are nearly mearly abominable when played upon the pipes I would be having much less fun trying to get my sausage grabbers to cover and uncover the whole holes on the chanters properly.

However, I have a partially practical protective position plague pipers piping can take. We treat the assemble mob of pipe music affectionanadoes like radioactive elements where Time, Distance and Shielding are used to ensure our safety. They get placed in a protected position wearing personal protective equipment whilst we carry on with the duties of a Piper.

But as an aside, does anyone know who to blame and fault for Anchors Aweigh being arranged upon such a fine instrument as that Bagpipes. It would seem that Bastinado would be too fine a punishment for that individual and Keel Hauling should be reinstated.... and yes, I'm adding the deck swabbing monstrosity to the reprehensible requests list.

I need more grog for this...
Old 07-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #12
Pip01
Holy smoking keyboard!

A Very Partial
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper Q

and yes, I'm adding the deck swabbing monstrosity to the reprehensible requests list.

"Six days shalt thou labor, and do all that thou
art able--and upon the seventh--holystone the
decks--seven planks a man."

Old 07-04-2020, 05:04 PM   #13
Klondike Waldo
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper Q View Post
SNIP
But as an aside, does anyone know who to blame and fault for Anchors Aweigh being arranged upon such a fine instrument as that Bagpipes. It would seem that Bastinado would be too fine a punishment for that individual and Keel Hauling should be reinstated.... and yes, I'm adding the deck swabbing monstrosity to the reprehensible requests list.

If one has a High B, G# and several of the other usual accidentals (Suspects), Anchors Aweigh can be correctly played. At least I never got any complaints about it it, especially not form the Dining In I played at once for the Office Of Naval Intelligence (true story).