Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other (not GH) Bagpipes > Uilleann, Northumbrian, Smallpipes +
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Uilleann, Northumbrian, Smallpipes + For all types of (non GH) Bagpiping discussions.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #11
Steve Bliven
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: A Sad Story

In any Irish or Scottish session, I'd completely agree—and might be more specific as to where the chords should be deposited.

However, this grouping was described as a "jam" with guitars and other string instruments, most of whom came from a country or folk background. Not your average "session"... But, no matter what the nature of the musical event, such rudeness is way out of line.

Sometimes a situation like that can be an educational opportunity — bagpipes are folk instruments, many of them old-timey ballads came from the same place that bagpipes did, bagpipes come in many types/tunings/volumes/etc. Doesn't sound like the guitar ogre would be up for any education though.

Hashtag sad.

Best wishes.

Steve
Gold Sponsor
Old 07-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #12
aphillips
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

"Tom's" only mistake is that after he walked out, he should have walked back in with highland pipes! ;-)
aphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #13
BGP
Forum Member

Reading this and all I can think of is -https://www.spreadshirt.com/guitars+...appearance=231
BGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #14
johnsog
Forum Regular

Bravo to Tom for showing such class in a bad situation!! I imagine such class was missed by the guitar player. I wonder that others didn't come to Tom's defense but those situations can be touchy and many wouldn't know just how best to involve themselves. Most musicians, especially of the folk tradition, tend to be very kind, accepting and encouraging. I hope the guitar player will heal from whatever ails him.
johnsog is offline   Reply With Quote