Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other Topics > Forum Related
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Related Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 03-19-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
Swepiper
Forum Member

Default Automatic logout?

Has the automatic logout timer been shortened lately? It seems to me that I need to leave the computer alone for just a few minutes and I've been automatically logged out and need to log in again. The time is probably longer than just a few minutes but it seems a real short time to me.

Any reason why I can't stay logged in duringe the whole day or at least a few hours before having to log in again?
Old 03-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
Mike Greene
Administrator
Wizard of Oz

Default Re: Automatic logout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swepiper View Post
Has the automatic logout timer been shortened lately? It seems to me that I need to leave the computer alone for just a few minutes and I've been automatically logged out and need to log in again. The time is probably longer than just a few minutes but it seems a real short time to me.

Any reason why I can't stay logged in duringe the whole day or at least a few hours before having to log in again?
No changes to the setup regarding login timeouts. Make sure you check the little box "Remember Me" next time you log in. This will ensure you remain logged in at all times, you don't even need to enter your login info the next time you visit the forum with this enabled.

The only time I would recommend NOT checking this box is if you access the forums from a public computer (like a library or similar) otherwise it is best to keep this box checked.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:25 AM   #3
Swepiper
Forum Member

"Remember me" did the trick, thanks!
Old 10-30-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Suddenly today it was automatically logging me out repeatedly: I logged in, then when I went to reply in a thread it informed me I must be logged in to do so, I logged in again but when my reply was done and I clicked "submit reply" it informed me that I needed to log in, and sure enough I had been logged out again.

I seem to recall this same thing happening a while back, getting logged out while typing a reply.

And yes I had forgot to tick the "remember me" box.

Last edited by pancelticpiper; 10-30-2018 at 06:38 AM.
pancelticpiper is offline   Reply With Quote