Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Music
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Discuss specific tunes, the writing of tunes, other questions, concerns, etc. related specifically to the music or music books.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 03-28-2020, 08:55 AM   #11
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Worlds Grade 1 tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsevenband View Post
PM's of the bands of that era need to be called out for their ghastly repetitive tune selection as cited...turned a lot of folks off from caring about the Worlds anymore.
It's why I put together a multi-CD collection that includes every different march played from 1991-2007, each of the 34 Marches appearing only once. Due to Strathspeys and Reels having much less variety there's some repetition with those, but overall the collection is far more interesting from the standpoint of repertoire than any one year of the Worlds.

On average a new March appears every two years, resulting in a very slow increase to the repertoire.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:03 PM   #12
Jim Fogelman
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McCain View Post
Basically, they all played Highland Wedding, Susan Macleod, and John Morrison of Assynt House.

Glad I could help.
I thought the march of choice this past season was Lord Alexander Kennedy?
Old 04-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #13
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamhCabrachPiping View Post
What were you looking for?
A list of all the tunes all the Grade One finalists played in their Worlds MSRs from 2014 to 2019.

When the CDs and DVDs were being released you could find the tunes listed on the box.

What I haven't double-checked is if the BBC site still has all the videos up from previous years. As I recall they don't.