Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Competition Results
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competition Results Post and discuss competition results here.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #1
J White
Forum Member

Default Pugwash Highland Games

Gr.4
1st College of Piping
2nd Dartmouth and Distict
3rd 78th Highlanders

Gr.5
1st 78th Highlanders
2nd College of Piping
3rd Dartmouth and District
J White is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 07-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
crunluath
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: Pugwash Highland Games

Looks like all the guys were right about an intesting competition between Dartmouth and The College Of Piping. Two victories for the College so far.

I guess everyone was wrong in predicting Dartmouth in winning grade 4 at Maxville!
crunluath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
J White
Forum Member

I think that both bands are sounding really good and it's still a tight contest so it should be an interesting season. It's all round a good year for bands in the maritimes the standard is higher than it's ever been for all grades.
J White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
Stix

That's true. I guess everyones done well to improve this year. You've got to admit though... It is a little funny to see a band come out of nowhere like the College of Piping did. Nothing like a little healthy competition to bring out the potential in two great bands. Still, if I were Dartmouth, I'd be eatting my vegetables! Watch out!!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
Keith McTaggart

I hear it has been a very exciting contest the last couple of weekends. I heard drumming has been the big improvement at the college of piping. Reports are that Jeremy White is really whipped the corps into shape. In piping I am told that Dartmouth has the edge not losing yet in piping to the college. I also hear the guy who runs the college has judged every contest so far and has been giving the college questionalble favour in ensemble. Any thoughts?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:41 AM   #6
Jazz

Keith,

Are you questioning Scott MacAulay's integrity as a judge? By the way, upon what are you basing the decision that he made as being "questionable"? Did you hear the contests? Unless it is from someone as knowledgeable as Scott MacAulay, I would hesitate before posting such a "questionable" comment!
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:49 AM   #7
C. Coleman
Forum Regular

People will always question who favors who in a situation like that. I can see how some may view it as being unfair, but if those people really believe that it is, then this is something that should be dealt with before the games and not after the result. I know that Scott has judged his band in previous years, and not too much was made of it.
All that aside.....2 good bands
As for Jeremy, ya, he's done a great job...but it doesn't take away from being a HUGE jerk.
C. Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
Stix

Yeah, that Jemery fellows an ogre all right. The people otta know eh Coleman? Oh man... What a guy. All kidding aside though, he knows where it's all at with the core. Bands owe a lot to thier instructors. Who would have guessed?!!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #9
Stix

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mascked Aveng0r:
That's true. I guess everyones done well to improve this year. You've got to admit though... It is a little funny to see a band come out of nowhere like the College of Piping did. Nothing like a little healthy competition to bring out the potential in two great bands. Still, if I were Dartmouth, I'd be eatting my vegetables! Watch out!!
PS. Does being in one of the bands make me biast? Sorry, I was just curious what others thought. No hard feelings!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
C. Coleman
Forum Regular

no no, everyone needs to eat their veggies.
C. Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote