Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Read Only Archive > Beer Tent Archive
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent Archive Old threads from the Beer Tent Forum.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
C. Coleman
Forum Regular

Default Air Canada hassles from KC

So, 3 out of 3 of us who travelled to KC for another excellent Winter Storm weekend had the worst traveling experience ever with Air Canada. Needless to say, it'd be more efficient for us to travel by donkey next year.
So, this poll is going to be about getting grief from ONLY Air Canada while traveling from pipe band events. I'm sure if it was about travel in general this thread would blow past 1000 posts in a day.
Gold Sponsor
Old 01-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
redhairedpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Air Canada hassles from KC

Did Jeremy get his stuff back?
Old 01-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
C. Coleman
Forum Regular

not yet. they also lost aaron's drum on the way home
Old 01-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
redhairedpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Holy Crow.....
Old 01-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
JJCornicelli
Forum Regular

Air Canada have only lost my luggage three times. Twice at Mirabel and once at Dorval. At least they delivered my stuff the next day after it got back from seeing Zimbabwe or wherever they sent it. They let me keep my pipes with me on the plane, though.

But the funny thing I noticed is that they frequently mix up geography. Once they tried to route me through Denver for a flight from Montreal to DC (Mixed up Washington State and Washington DC). Another time a ticket agent could not BELIEVE that Vienna was actully in AUSTRIA not Australia (No, I do NOT want to connect with Quantas...I'm going through FRANKFURT!!!)
Old 01-17-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Bonnie Pedersen
Forum Silver Medal

Air Canada lost my husband when I was trying to transport him to his funeral in British Columbia.
That was not funny at all.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
John S. Foley
Holy smoking keyboard!

Hmmm...

I used to travel Air Canada alot...until it became too expensive. I always thought they were a notch above the rest. But now that you mention it, the only time I ever had misrouted luggage was with Air Canada. I didn't get too excited, because it's bound to happen eventually, but apparently there were a couple of nitwits in Detroit that didn't know the difference between Toronto and Montreal. It didn't get on the first dogsled, the huskies pee'd on it, and then a polar bear sat on it. (Oh wait, it was over Victoria Day...a blackfly carried it away.) Seriously, though...it was courier'ed out to where I was staying within four hours. I was happy.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #8
HepcatBob
Holy smoking keyboard!

Is Air Canada owned by the same company that owns NorthWorst? I've never flown AC, but it sounds like the same, great service as NW.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:25 AM   #9
Bob Lyman_dup1
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by HepcatBob:
Is Air Canada owned by the same company that owns NorthWorst? I've never flown AC, but it sounds like the same, great service as NW.
I have never flown Air Canada so I can't attest as to their quality. I've only heard the stories and few were flattering.

Interesting you should call it Northworst as on our recent trip to London we had no problems and in fact were granted a free upgrade to 1st class when I politely asked (I was even willing to pay). I would have called them Northbest as they treated my wife and I very well.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:49 AM   #10
Chris Gallant
Forum Regular

This is what is scary about AC

"June 2005 Air Canada was voted the #1 airline in North America in a recent Skytrax survey of more than 12 million air travellers worldwide."

If they are number one in North America, i'd hate to travel the rest.