Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Music
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Discuss specific tunes, the writing of tunes, other questions, concerns, etc. related specifically to the music or music books.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-21-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
Bish
Forum Gold Medal

Default Journey to Skye

I need the score for the Journey to Skye. Does anyone know if it is available for download, or if I need to contact the composer?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Tom MacKenzie
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Journey to Skye

From Bob Pekaars Tune Encyclopedia

Journey To Skye

Highland Bagpipe Music, The First Collection Of Tunes For The Highland Bagpipe, Compiled By Michael Grey;
Isa Music, 27-29 Carnoustie Place, Scotland Street, Glasgow G5 8PH,
ISBN 1-872754-02-3,
Old 01-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Bish
Forum Gold Medal

Many thanks. It was one of the tunes that made me want to learn to play.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

not much of a "journey" nowadays... there's a bridge... quite unlike the rusty ancient ferry I took back in the 80s.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
John Blunt
Forum Gold Medal

Panceltic: the "ancient rusty ferry" is still there--I took it to Skye in 2007. Took the bridge off.

JMB
John Blunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Klondike Waldo
Holy smoking keyboard!

I took the Kyle of Lochalsh- Kyleakin ferry over and the wee ferry at Kylerhea back to the mainland in 1980. I would say Skye was my favorite part of the trip
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
gatormac
Holy smoking keyboard!

When I first went to Skye was 1996. They had just built the bridge and it was a big controversy because the locals didn't want to pay the toll. They were protesting regularly. At that time, you could still take the short ferry from Kyle to Kyleakin, which I did just for fun, and I was on foot. That ferry is no longer there (unless I've just not noticed it on many trips), however you can still take a Ferry from Mallaig to Skye, which is about 30 minutes. It's more modern- not quite the little rusty ferry I remember from Kyle of Lochalsh to Kyleakin back in the 90's. While the drive (or train) to Mallaig is great, that ferry ride is not particularly interesting. There was something neat about the short skip across the Lochalsh. For one thing, it's a pretty area.

Since the bridge there is a lot more traffic now on Skye. It's much easier to take large tour busses there now. There's a lot more non-locals living there now too. Still an amazing a beautiful place though!