Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 05-26-2014, 12:47 AM   #31
Bish
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: Newish wooden Sinclair chanter, opinions.

Thank you gentlemen. Very interesting.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #32
Kyle C.H.
Forum Clasp

I have an easier time getting my Sinclair down to our pitch than with my CK laminate. Our pitch is around 475-478 (thanks to those who helped me figure that out in a past thread!). The CK struggles to get below 480 and the reed has to be seated quite high to get close. This sinclair is quite happy at our pitch, and is fairly new.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #33
celticmanone
Forum Gold Medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle C.H. View Post
I have an easier time getting my Sinclair down to our pitch than with my CK laminate. Our pitch is around 475-478 (thanks to those who helped me figure that out in a past thread!). The CK struggles to get below 480 and the reed has to be seated quite high to get close. This sinclair is quite happy at our pitch, and is fairly new.
Excuse my tangent here from the original Sinclair thread, but your comment on the CK Laminate is contrary to my experience. My CK Laminate can be set up to pitch anywhere between 472 and 480/82. Murray's chanters are designed so that the reed should be set slightly higher in the seat than other chanters. My experience with his chanters has been mostly with Gilmour, Husk and Warnock reeds, but several other reeds have been found to be nicely compatible as well.

Why not contact Murray through his website, and discuss your situation with his chanter's pitch. You will find him to be very eager to help.

Ron
Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #34
Kyle C.H.
Forum Clasp

I'll do that. I love that chanter! We don't use any of Murray's recommended reeds, so that's probably the issue. Thanks for the help.