Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other Topics > Forum Related
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Related Related to Forum software; questions, suggestions, ideas ...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 09-21-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
PinoyPiper
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: Sharing videos?

not wanting to hi-jack this thread, I started a new one on the Cristina Pato Video. Click here ==> Cristina Pato Video
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #12
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

Revisiting this idea because we are seeing a few video links shared in sort of reasonable forums for that - Drumming, beer tent, pipe bands .. The copyright concerns will be here regardless of where the link is shared, and of course we'll treat each case as needed.

Does it make sense to have a single place to share video links, and discuss them? Is there a problem with the way it is currently being done?

I can leave things as they are, or expand the definition of the photo forum to include links to videos.. Just wondering what folks now think of this?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #13
Aaron M
Holy smoking keyboard!

If the main reason for the photo forum was to ease the suffering of dial up surfers when viewing threads containing pics then we don't really need one to share links to video. Video could pertain to any of the existing forum areas.

I do like the idea of expanding the photo area to include links to video, though, because it let's us more easily find them. If any of that makes sense, then that is my $.02.

-Ann Landers
Aaron M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #14
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

That was part of the idea Aaron - to save dial up users from REALLY long load times for images - but also the idea is that many people just like to look at photos (and video), and having just photos and / or links to videos in a single forum makes that sort of navigation much more simple.

However - if the video thing does work right now (I mean you can post links to those anywhere), it is just the idea of a focal point for those that I'm asking about at this point.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #15
Mr Shattered Mind
Forum Member

Eric, don't forget about fair use laws, if they aren't losing money because of the video, and you arenít making money by sharing it, there isn't a lot of room for copyright to rear its ugly head and smack you around.

Free Kevin!
Mr Shattered Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:06 AM   #16
Eric M
Forum Gold Medal

I haven't forgot about fair-use laws.... they don't exonerate the situation I was describing. The monetary value of the usage is only one factor in determining infringement.

Copyright and fair use

Eric
Old 10-31-2005, 11:32 AM   #17
Monkberrymoon
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

While a lot of this discussion centers on potential copyright law issues, everyone's missing the more obvious point: someone playing inside a beer tent has a "publicity right" not to be shown all over the internet. Such rights depend on state common and statutory law and a copyright concept like "fair use" wouldn't be a defense to a possible claim.

But, of course, none of this constitutes legal advice.
Monkberrymoon is offline   Reply With Quote