Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Read Only Archive > Beer Tent Archive
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent Archive Old threads from the Beer Tent Forum.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-17-2007, 07:20 AM   #11
No, that's me over there...
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Air Canada hassles from KC

Yes... I heard of one unfortunate traveller who ended up in Aukland, rather than Oakland, due to a booking error!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:26 AM   #12
Aaron M
Holy smoking keyboard!

It seems not only do they upgrade your seat, but also the destination! Great way to see the world...

I haven't flown with them for a few years now as their prices are no longer very competitive where I want to fly. No problems when I did though.

-Ann Landers
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #13
Don Watts
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally posted by No, that's me over there...:
Yes... I heard of one unfortunate traveller who ended up in Aukland, rather than Oakland, due to a booking error!
Nothing unfortunate about that -- I'd pick Auckland over Oakland anytime!

www.boisehighlanders.com
Old 01-17-2007, 07:57 AM   #14
Marko
Forum Member

AC lost my luggage when I was travelling home from Alberta last summer. Both bags.
I got one case back within 5 hours; I got my suitcase back within a speedy 4 days.
Everywhere I travel nowadays is serviced by WestJet, whose planes are comfier for a sasquatch like me, and whose prices are a bit more than half of what AC charges.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
Celtic Mitch
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally posted by HepcatBob:
Is Air Canada owned by the same company that owns NorthWorst? I've never flown AC, but it sounds like the same, great service as NW.
No. AC is Canadian owned. I've never had an issue flying with them at all. We have to consider this weekend was a crazy one with the weather and cancellations.

However Bonnie, that is the worst story of loosing something I've ever heard.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #16
J White
Forum Member

I checked in last Weds and still havn't received my luggage. When I called the're lost luggage service I was on the phone for an hour and a half trying to get something sorted(something i still havn't accomplished). When I checked in in KC to leave(still without my luggage) they were only able to give me 1 of my 3 boarding passes. They told me it wouldn't be a problem and to check with the AC desk in Chicago. In Chicago the told me that they couldn't give me a boarding pass that I was supposed to get that in KC. So after a bit of a fight I get a paper ticket. When I get to my gate they tell me they can't accept this paper ticket I needed a boarding pass. With another fight I got on. I won't bore you with any more details but the rest of my trip continued the same way, with the people I was travelling losing luggage, they're flights not being booked correctly. The thing that pisses me off the most about the whole deal is how rude and useless they're agents were. They treated me like I was a huge inconvience and nothing got sorted without banging my head against the wall with them. Bottom line is like Coleman said you're better off travelling by donkey
Old 01-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #17
pmjwright
Forum Silver Medal

AC plain and simply has a lousy corporate culture. My brother works for them, I hear nothing but problems of morale throughout the organization. I don't know why he keeps on with them. Anyway, it shows up in the care and attention to passengers. When you fly Westjet it's a whole different experience--relaxed, friendly, genuine care of customers, rather than just going through the motions.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #18
Miniracer
Forum Silver Medal

Recently, a German youth/tourist ended up in "Sidney", Montana instead of Sydney, Australia. Needless to say, he was not prepared for the weather. In this case, it was his own fault because he booked his own flight on the internet and it was his typo. He was probably thrilled at the low price. Family ended up wiring him another 650 euros so he could continue on. Duh!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #19
acadianpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Air Canada is the airline Canadians love to hate. Admittedly, its levels of service and comfort have both declined since the federal government interfered with it and forced it to amalgamate with Canadian Airlines, which was on the verge of bankruptcy.

Nevertheless, in the fall of 2004 I was flying from Saskatoon to Halifax on Air Canada. About an hour into the flight, I was dozing after a busy weekend of meetings when I was awakened by one of the stewardesses. She told me that the captain had just received a message saying that my credit card had been found and that I should contact the lost baggage office in Halifax to see about getting it returned. I didn't even know I had lost my credit card. Apparently, I had dropped it in the cab I took to the airport with a couple of colleagues, probably when I tried to return it to my pocket while juggling a computer case, a receipt and my wallet while getting out of the cab. The driver had found it, remembered that he had dropped us off at the Air Canada departure area and took it to the Air Canada service desk. The agent there looked up which flight I was on and had the captain radioed with the information. In Halifax, I arranged to have the card sent to the airport where I was able to pick it up the following week, as I was again flying out of Halifax in a few days.

Of course, if the cab driver had not been honest, the story would have ended differently. Still, Air Canada took some trouble to find me and return the credit card to me. They're really not all bad.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #20
classicbagpipes
Holy smoking keyboard!

I guess if that had happened in the states you would have had to make sure the card was canceled PDQ.