Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Competing Pipers
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competing Pipers Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 02-27-2017, 03:01 AM   #31
Bluescottygirl
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: Tips for maintaining concentration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molasses4masses View Post
I had wondered why Bruce Gandy did this. Now I know!
Well there's that reason and the purely practical one that the modern lightweight frames don't need much encouragement to slip down your nose.
Bluescottygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 03-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #32
Imbusypiping
Forum Member

Thanks so much for your excellent suggestions. I think that I will try the suggestions of taking off my glasses and focusing on some small inanimate object. I do not compete until May but I have committed myself to a solo performance tomorrow (St. Patty's Day) in our 55+ Florida park. What a great way to try out some of your suggestions.

Thanks again....so much appreciated!!
Imbusypiping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:46 AM   #33
Bluescottygirl
Forum Silver Medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbusypiping View Post
I do not compete until May but I have committed myself to a solo performance tomorrow (St. Patty's Day) in our 55+ Florida park.

Thanks again....so much appreciated!!
Just a small correction in the spirit of education. It's "St Patrick's Day" or "Paddy's Day"..but it's never "Patty's day". Not in Ireland anyway. Have a fab performance.
Bluescottygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #34
Green Piper
Holy smoking keyboard!

During practice, I imagine that I'm performing solo and dare myself to make it through my tunes cleanly and without lapses in memory.

For Piobaireachd, I try to find phrases that "say" the line of the variation that I am on. An example, for me, in the Wee Spree is that part of the flow of the tune says: "this is line 2, this is line 2, this iiiissss line 2, IT IS"

Given that I'm adding Little Supper to my list, I'll need to find a way to incorporate line numbers into my mental tune.

The above method is not infallible.

Charlie