Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other Topics > In Memoriam
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Memoriam Sharing memories of friends and loved ones departed from our world of piping drumming and pipe bands.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-03-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
bob864
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Andrew Soutar

I've heard news that Andrew Soutar passed away. I bought my first pipes from Andrew. He shook my hand and looked me in the eye and said if there was ever any problems with the wood they'd take care of it.

Years later there was a bit of an issue, partly of my own making, but they did take care of it for me and my pipes play great today.

I'm going to miss him. He was a great man.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #2
Andrew Lenz

Default Re: Andrew Soutar

Thanks for sharing.

His son has been running their bagpipe business:
http://www.soutarbagpipes.com

To quote from an older version of their website:
"Our aim is to provide quality products for any piper, whether novice or professional, and we give a Soutar lifetime guarantee on our instruments.

The business was established in 1992, and since then has gone from strength to strength. We now have five employees (all pipers) who pride themselves on producing first-class merchandise, carefully designed to provide satisfaction for every customer.

My father, Andrew, the former Pipe Major of the City of St Andrews Pipe Band, winners of numerous major championships, started making pipe chanter and drone reeds, while I learned the arts of woodturning and chanter-making at R. T. Shepherd and Son. At length I left there to concentrate on my own work, and now I find that things are spiraling upwards."

Andrew

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ---Mark Twain

Last edited by Andrew Lenz; 10-03-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Andrew Lenz is offline   Reply With Quote