Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
jmac
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Myrtle Beach Area Pipe Bands

Hello all, I just moved to the Myrtle Beach area and want to know what the pipe band situation is in the area. I am looking to join one and keep piping.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jamie
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 05-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
dkr02
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: Myrtle Beach Area Pipe Bands

there's two fine bands in Wilmington NC, about an hour from you- Port City Pipes & Drums, and the Cape Fear Highlanders. The Wilmington Police Department also has a pipe band.

slik
dkr02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
bob864
Holy smoking keyboard!

If you're wanting competition oriented bands and are willing to drive further, Columbia and Charleston (Palmetto and Charleston Police) are about two hours each.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
PipePlayr
Forum Regular

Hey Jamie!

I'm the Pipe Sergeant for the Port City band in Wilmington. If you don't mind the drive, we'd love to have you come up and check us out. Our Pipe-Major is Andy Simpson, a former 2nd Battalion Scots Guards piper from the early 1960's. He's a fine musician and a great leader as well. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give you his contact information.

There is a pipe band in the North MB area but I'm not sure if they're still in existence. They played for the Irish/Italian Festival a couple of years back. My advice would be to contact Flynn's Irish Pub in NMB. They 'sponsor' us to play that festival every year and are great folks to deal with. They may be able to get you in contact with the MB band or with the organizers of the Festival who would know how to get in touch with them.

Good luck!
Vic