Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-09-2018, 07:25 PM   #1
Capt. Grimek
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default U.S. Battery Changes/Repairs for Blair Digital Chanter?

Hi,
I'm interested in the Blair Digital Chanter but from his website, I'm not seeing any repair or battery replacement facilities in the U.S. yet.

By any chance has anyone who owns one here heard from their bagpipe shops that they are planning on or going to receive training to do this without having to ship the chanter to Australia?
I'm in Washington State if that helps any.

Thought perhaps someone may have spoken with Murray at his booth during the Worlds week and asked about this.
I had a very nice email correspondence with him awhile back and he said that he planned on some U.S. repair shops
but I wanted to ask here before I bugged him again...

Finally, the local session guys wanted me to ask what the "average" cost to ship a chanter back and forth from the U.S. would be, depending on your location if anyone has asked when they purchased. Also what the likely battery life time should be if it's recharged on schedule. (Longer than the 2 year warrantee period?)

Thanks. I"ve lurked here "forever' and I'm sure I'll be asking a few questions
in the near future.
Im an intermediate/beginner with a Gibson practice chanter only, at present. I've been making good progress (i was a H.S. Band director/trumpet major) so things are progressing fairly quickly in the sight reading/fingering dept.

Cheers and thanks if you can fill me/us in,
Jim

Last edited by Capt. Grimek; 10-09-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added another question or two...
Capt. Grimek is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
Andrew Lenz

Default Re: U.S. Battery Changes/Repairs for Blair Digital Chanter?

I would just email Murray Blair again. He's definitively going to know.

I have no idea on shipping/battery life.

Andrew

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ---Mark Twain
Andrew Lenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
Capt. Grimek
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: U.S. Battery Changes/Repairs for Blair Digital Chanter?

Thanks for your reply, Andrew. I will contact Murray again. As I said, I peppered him with questions while back and wanted to give him some time before I asked for an update. (Seeing as I'm not buying just yet)...
After I hear back from two shops that were "possible"proposed U.S. repair "stations" I'll follow up with one to Mr. Blair. Looked for updates on his Facebook page but hadn't seen anything as of yet.
Thanks for your fantastic website as well!
Cheers, C.G.
Capt. Grimek is offline   Reply With Quote