Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > History, Tradition, Heritage
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

History, Tradition, Heritage As related to the subjects of piping, drumming and pipe bands.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-29-2020, 05:11 PM   #11
EquusRacer
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Information "Bagpipe Trend,11355, U.S.A."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb0628 View Post
I was not familiar to with the name Jack Ironside, did a google search for him and found posting at this site as "Jack Ironside - Scottish Shopper??". This was placing him on the west coast.
Yes, Scottish Shopper was a well-known business and supplier, based in Seattle, up through the '80s...perhaps later. Not sure when it went out of business. I bought my first PC, and other things, from them 40 years ago. I think Jack's son, Angus, was P/M of a band in Spokane...perhaps elsewhere.
EquusRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 02-01-2020, 04:53 PM   #12
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erracht View Post
a full set bearing the mark "Bagpipe Trend".
What do you mean when you say the full set bears the mark?

There are 14 wooden parts that go into a full set of pipes; how many are stamped Bagpipe Trend?
Old 02-02-2020, 04:28 AM   #13
erracht
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancelticpiper View Post
What do you mean when you say the full set bears the mark?

There are 14 wooden parts that go into a full set of pipes; how many are stamped Bagpipe Trend?

I didn't imply that the mark was all over the set; it's only on the chanter. I merely stated that it was a full set (I.E. it wasn't missing any parts) and, as a separate piece of information, that it bore that mark. I explained this in more detail in the dedicated post that I made for the set.

Although only the chanter was stamped, I am pretty sure that it is original to the set. Like the rest of the set, it is made of some kind of lightweight, reddish wood (rosewood?) and the general crafting of it and shade of the yellowed catalin sole match the rest of the set.