Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 06-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
Tom Frasher
Forum Member

Default G1 Reeds website and ordering

Do any of you know how long it takes for orders to be processed from that website? I ordered a bag from them about 20 days ago and still not have received it, I am aware of the COVID-19 duration but never realize it would take this long, thanks,BTW, they have not corresponded with me at all in the last week or so
Tom Frasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 06-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #2
actussing
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: G1 Reeds website and ordering

Give them a call. They've always been very responsive when I've contacted them.
actussing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
Justin Howland
Forum Member

They are very responsive via email. I ordered reeds from them a while back and it took some time before I received shipping notification. Once the reeds shipped, however; they showed up very quickly, which was a big surprise coming from overseas!

Definitely get in touch with them first, though. With Covid, everything is slowed down immensely.
Justin Howland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:51 AM   #4
Mac an t-Sealgair
Forum Silver Medal

Tbf I think this is just a symptom of the covid times we live in. I ordered some items (non piping related) and heard nothing.

In fact I still haven't heard anything despite repeated phone calls and emails. No replies, nada, only for the goods to arrive 5 weeks later

So you never know it could well be on its way.
Mac an t-Sealgair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 01:40 PM   #5
William McKenzie
Forum Clasp

Tom it is because of Covid19 as others have mentioned. My experience is that G1 has been responsive to me over the last year or two with emails and things I've purchased from them. I've only had one issue which was resolved.

My sense is in the US we've shut down but what that means is working from home or working but socially distanced or reduced hours. But things are still working and shipping just slower. In the UK it appears that when things shut down they literally shut. down. I ordered Drone Dry stocks from G1 back in early March a week before the UK officially shut down and I just got a shipping notice from them two days ago that the stocks are on their way 13 weeks later. When I had asked back in April about the status of the stocks they mentioned they were waiting on Drone Dry who stopped everything they were doing Not G1's fault of course.

Mac are you living in the UK, has this been your experience with the shutdown also?
Old 06-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #6
Mac an t-Sealgair
Forum Silver Medal

Yeah, live in Scotland William.

Lockdown here has been surreal to say the least. Very severe and strict.
Mac an t-Sealgair is offline   Reply With Quote