Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > History, Tradition, Heritage
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

History, Tradition, Heritage As related to the subjects of piping, drumming and pipe bands.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #21
Ian Lawther

Default Re: Donald MacDonald pipes owned by Colonel Jack Churchill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Gael View Post
When the Pipers Play was one of a two part series originally issued on VHS IIRC around the year 2000. A third VHS came out a couple of years later by Isla St Clair. Later these were made available on DVD. If you search Amazon and Ebay you can still find copies, albeit at a pretty high price. Angus MacColl, Gordon Walker, and Alasdair Gillies were featured on them, and of course Isla St Clair sings.

Cheers -

Wes
You can get them direct from the company who made them

http://www.highlandclassics.com/prod...?id_product=35
Ian Lawther is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #22
Leong
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Gael View Post
...When the Pipers Play was one of a two part series originally issued on VHS IIRC around the year 2000. A third VHS came out a couple of years later by Isla St Clair. Later these were made available on DVD. If you search Amazon and Ebay you can still find copies, albeit at a pretty high price. Angus MacColl, Gordon Walker, and Alasdair Gillies were featured on them, and of course Isla St Clair sings.
Thanks Wes.

Looks like there's a 5-disc DVD set for a good price:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/When-the-P...wAAOSweW5Vbbn3
Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #23
erracht
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seán Donnelly View Post
Yes, that's the I saw. For some reason, I couldn't hear the narrator (or the pipes) on the website. I was looking for a particular clip of an uilleann piper which I had come across before, but had difficulty finding again.
Is that "Colonel Robertson" he's playing? Och aye, that's some braw music.

The way the tune ends abruptly just as the scene changes makes me wonder if the pipe music was not dubbed over the video after or at least if he didn't play only briefly at the behest of the person directing the video.