Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Competition Results
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competition Results Post and discuss competition results here.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-04-2017, 08:06 PM   #21
Alba2usa
Forum Clasp

Default Re: 1984 Worlds Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratcher View Post
It's actually the other way round. The tune's been widely published as "Rose among the Heather" at least as far back as the 1800s. The alternative Roe's seems to have started coming in around the 1960s.

The only place that it's published with deer in the title is the Gordon's Book I and that manages to get it wrong. They have "Roes in the Heather" but the plural of Roe is Roe, not Roes. [/PEDANT]

Cheers
Scratch
Thanks Scatch, I've seen it on hand written scores both ways so always wondered about that. it's a reasonable assumption given that you're more likely to see the Roe among the heather. btw I didn't use the plural, I know 'Roe' (same as deer) is both singular and plural, but I once saw it written with an apostrophe, as in 'belonging to' the heather belongs to the Roe, vis-a-vis, its home. cheers
Alba2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 01-10-2017, 06:51 AM   #22
NickTaitz
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hamilton View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the World Pipe Band Championships program / order of play for 1984 ?

I have come into possession of a cassette tape of the Grade One MSRs, which I am digitizing. However, there is no identification of the bands. Just one MSR after another.

???

Chris
It would be interesting to see a copy of the program, as Richmond Avenue would likely have been printed in the program for grade one, but was not allowed to play due to being a South African pipe band. Did you get the program?
NickTaitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #23
RichmondPiper
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTaitz View Post
It would be interesting to see a copy of the program, as Richmond Avenue would likely have been printed in the program for grade one, but was not allowed to play due to being a South African pipe band. Did you get the program?
I know that I had one (I was the P/M of Richmond Avenue at the time) but can't for the life of me find it now. Perhaps lost in a house move...
RichmondPiper is offline   Reply With Quote