Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reviews Reviews of CDs, Music Books, DVDs, etc.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-01-2016, 02:43 AM   #11
Bluescottygirl
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: Bagpipe Skin Kyloe Case Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarb View Post
I bought and received their drone bumpers and their chanter cap. The case has been on some mysterious journey and come to my Post Office, but then gone back to the shipper at least once. The cap and the bumpers are actually quite good, and better than I expected. I will be buying more of each. I expexct the case soon.
Let us know what you think of the case. :-)
Bluescottygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #12
zarb
Forum Gold Medal

Send a message via AIM to zarb

I now have the case, recieved it Thursday last. The case appears to be pretty robust protective and well padded. There is plenty of room for a set of pipes, although there are fewer pockets than their competition. There are two mesh pockets fairly small. I like the rigid sides, a lot. There is a handle for carrying from the side of the case (like a common violin case), and from the top, as well as a sling, and backpack straps. These are plenty of options, although the handle for carrying from the top is a bit too tight, unlike the handle on the side. It is difficult to carry with the top handle in that it is difficult to get one's entire hand into the handle space. I have enjoyed carryin the case from the top in crowds. I enjoy that larger top handle on the "Piper's Choice" backpack, a competitor which is a little narrower and has a few more pockets that this, the Kyloe Bagpipe Skin.

The handy pocket is secured to the case by four quick release clips common in belts and backpacks. These clips occur such that once the pocket is clipped to the outside, the case doesn't open unless two of the clips are undone. It would be easier if the pocket clipped on somewhat differently. The extra pocket is barely large enought for a standard binder with a 1" or 1.5" spine. My music binder is a floppy think a bit smaller than that and fits perfectly.

The reed cap sold by this firm is not unusual, but is inexpensive and apparently available in colors. I have one, and will be buying more. The Drone Bumper has worked well on my last two trips and I will also be buying more of those. The bumpers are also inexpensive and effective. I will be using them on pipes carried in the standard Bagpiper and similar cases.

All in all, they have a decent and inexpensive product which appears to offer better utility than many of the similar bagpipe cases, while possibly offering more protection.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:05 AM   #13
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Here's the site:

http://bagpipeskin.com/?page_id=7

The top handle looks plenty roomy in their illustration... guess they should have followed the diagramme when they sewed the actual product
Old 06-26-2019, 06:14 AM   #14
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Just a bump to this thread because there's somebody selling these on Ebay, and the listing (though said to be shipping from the United States) was obviously not written by a native English speaker

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bagpipe-Cas...kAAOSwpAhdBpQs