Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-27-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
Kevin Palm
Forum Gold Medal

Default Moose Valve question

My Gibsons have a split blowpipe stock with a tube trap, and I was curious about using a Moose Valve. I know it won't fit into the stock, but it possible to install it in the tube itself near the stock? I have a Trap Dri installed, but it's down toward the end of the tube. Just wondering...

Thanks,
Kevin
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #2
Aaron Shaw
Forum Regular

Default Re: Moose Valve question

I experimented with a Moose valve in the end of my tube trap, downstream from a trap-dri. It worked fine except for the time the tube fell out of the blowpipe stock. Led to a rather busy tongue until the end of that set of tunes!
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
Kevin Palm
Forum Gold Medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Shaw View Post
I experimented with a Moose valve in the end of my tube trap, downstream from a trap-dri. It worked fine except for the time the tube fell out of the blowpipe stock. Led to a rather busy tongue until the end of that set of tunes!

I can't even imagine!
Old 10-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #4
Raibeart
Forum Member

Depends on the split stock I suppose. I have two split stocks with tube traps and moose valves in the top halves of both. The moose valve catches the majority of the liquid and I can just tip the stock to dump it every set or three, and the tube catches most of the remainder and I pull & dump it at the end of a playing session.

Have you actually tried it for fit?
Raibeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #5
Jim Fogelman
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Shaw View Post
I thought about doing that, but didnít want to have to figure out something in an emergency when we have to pull our traps out at Pleasanton.