Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Webmaster & Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webmaster & Software Piping site related, piping music related

Platinum Sponsors

Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #21
James Keeler
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: Webmaster resource / reference links

Want to learn to write code for a website? Check out this site!

http://www.w3schools.com/

City of Chattanooga Pipe Band
Side Drummer
James Keeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 07-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #22
Andrew Lenz

Here's an article I wrote on improving pipe band websites:

http://www.bagpipejourney.com/articl...websites.shtml

Andrew

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ---Mark Twain
Andrew Lenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #23
Andrew Lenz

A site that reviews hosting companies is here:
http://www.webhostingjury.com/

It's very interesting and helpful. They have thousands of reviews and cover hundreds of hosting services. You can rank them by review score---just watch out for ones with only a few reviews!

Andrew

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ---Mark Twain
Andrew Lenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
Josiah
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

It's quite nice to see this thread on these forums actually. When I first started searching into the bagpipes I found that even the most reputable sellers have pretty unprofessional sites. There is that saying "first impressions are lasting impressions."

I've been building sites professionally for many years, and actionscripting since the beginnings of Macromedia Flash.

http://flashkit.com/ has helped me create some great products for many clients. They not only have movies available, but also sound effects, images, and actionscripting tutorials, with the majority of it being free. I'd seriously suggest this website not only for flash designers, but webdevs in general.

Also, anyone who's needing some help with design ideas, flash, or even advanced html, I'd be willing to help.

And here's a free alternative to Dreamweaver. KompoZer is a web authoring program that makes designing, uploading, and maintaining a website extremely easy.

Last edited by Josiah; 01-20-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote