Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Forum Related Announcements > FYI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FYI No discussion here, just information.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 03-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Mike Greene
Administrator
Wizard of Oz

Default Forum Software Upgrade April 1st

This is not an April fools joke!

On April 1st, probably starting around 10am PDT the forums will be closed for the upgrade process. Expect the forums to be closed for at least 4 hours.

The time has come to move the Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums into the 21st century with a long over due software upgrade. After approximately 7 years running on the current software system it is time to make a significant investment into the future of the forum and the software it runs on.

We are migrating from UBB (Ultimate Bulletin Board) to vBulletin. The origins of both forum systems share a common beginning. At some point the software split development and what we have today is UBB and vBulletin.

vBulletin is a superior product in many ways. It is actively developed and supported by a solid group, has indepth documentation (whereas UBB has none), hundreds of 3rd party plug-in products (should we decide to take advantage of them) and overall just a much better system for both the general membership and the Moderators and Administrators.

Many of you particpate on multiple bagpipe forums so you will already be familiar with the workings of vBulletin over UBB. I will be updating the "how to" topics created in the "Forum Related" sub forum to reflect the difference between UBB and vB, those will be coming shortly after the forum migration.

My only advice to you all would be to CHECK AND UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS in your forum profile NOW. That way if you need to recover your password you may do so without assistance from the Administrator (that would be me).

The process is very simple. Near the top of the forum pages there is a link titled "My Stuff" click that, then select "Profile" you need to enter your current email address in both of the first two fields. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Submit". You will receive an email (at your new email address) asking you to click a verification link, if you do not act on the email your address will not be updated.

ALSO... check your spam filter(s) or spam blocking service, I will not visit any links to "confirm sender" to allow mail to get to your inbox. It would be advisable to put bobdunsire.com in your white list or allowed senders list.

Fair warning to the procrastinators... if you choose to not check and update your email address prior to the forum migration, don't get upset if I don't drop everything I'm doing and attend to your email / password request right away.

If you wish to discuss the migration please do it in this topic.