Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Webmaster & Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webmaster & Software Piping site related, piping music related

Platinum Sponsors

Old 12-12-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
caseybea
Forum Member

Default Real bagpipe sounds for BMW, NO special hardware required

Hey everyone, if you are a user of Bagpipe Music Writer Gold for Windows, please check out some work I've done with regards to getting that software to play REAL bagpipe sounds, versus kinda-crappy sound that it usually does.

Unlike how it was designed years ago, I've documented a way to do it WITHOUT a special sound card.

Documentation and links here:

http://celticnationspipeband.com/BMWSOUND

Enjoy, --Kent

Last edited by Michael New; 12-12-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Reference to shareware deleted. See forum rule #5.
caseybea is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 12-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #2
Tom MacKenzie
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Real bagpipe sounds for BMW/Bagpipe-Reader, NO special hardware required

Very Kool!

Now I need to set low A to 480 instead of 466 and adjust all the rest of the notes accordingly.

Thanks very much! Good work!

tomm
Old 12-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
TangoCharlie
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: Real bagpipe sounds for BMW/Bagpipe-Reader, NO special hardware required

Great, this works really well
Thanks Kent - good work and thanks for the easy to follow instructions.
TangoCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:27 AM   #4
Zummerhaus

Default Re: Real bagpipe sounds for BMW, NO special hardware required

Thanks for this - would be perfect if there was a way to make that setting persistent. I know you can copy in lines to other files in a text editor, could a batch file do this for every tune I have?

"Last edited by Michael New; 12-12-2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Reference to shareware deleted. See forum rule #5."

A wee search yielded this - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...pe/g2TwLeJ5IJw

Has anyone any updates after 18 years? If I was doing anything illegal or immoral I would have reservations about putting my physical address online (as the shareware author has done) on his site that still hosts this controversial software. Essentially it sounds like promises weren't kept to him.
Zummerhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
joeyP

Default Re: Real bagpipe sounds for BMW, NO special hardware required

Great Job on that Kent! And easy instructions! I set it up as well on my laptop and wife's tablet and love the smallpipe sound!
joeyP is offline   Reply With Quote