Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.


Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
Hurmmark
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Altoona iowa
Posts: 25
Default Water bottles and camelpacs

Casual question: whatís your take on wearing a camelpac in a parade thatís over a mile long and heat index in 90ís. We are a paramilitary band some carry bottles and some (one) myself tried a camepac..... be kind
__________________
Sent by the three of us, me myself and I.
Hurmmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 07-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #2
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Estados Unidos
Posts: 6,404
Default Re: Water bottles and camelpacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurmmark View Post
Casual question: whatís your take on wearing a camelpac in a parade thatís over a mile long and heat index in 90ís. We are a paramilitary band some carry bottles and some (one) myself tried a camepac..... be kind
Uniformity...ok...all or none with same water bottles.
Camel whatever...a nonstarter.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
Jim Fogelman
Holy smoking keyboard!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,924
Default Re: Water bottles and camelpacs

I think a Camelbak would get a bit annoying while trying to play pipes.

In our Fourth of July parade, I hung a regular water bottle from a strap on a carabiner from one of my sporran strap loops. Allowed me to drink when we stopped without it getting in the way.
__________________
You don't have fun by winning. You win by having fun.
Jim Fogelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
super8mm
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 78
Default Re: Water bottles and camelpacs

That might depend on how you are dressed. You might take a old T-shirt and sew a pouch on it to fit a water bladder on it something like this.



And then with a dress shirt and waist coat over it you would never see it as all that might be visible would be the mouth piece which could be under a tie.
super8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
Hurmmark
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Altoona iowa
Posts: 25
Default Re: Water bottles and camelpacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Fogelman View Post
I think a Camelbak would get a bit annoying while trying to play pipes.



In our Fourth of July parade, I hung a regular water bottle from a strap on a carabiner from one of my sporran strap loops. Allowed me to drink when we stopped without it getting in the way.


Actually with the pac there was less motion in getting hose to mouth, than band members using bottles, but definitely agree uniformity.....if I could of concealed the pac under shirt it would be better, but didnít work, so I wore externally some pacs are Sam brown or khaki which would be less noticeable than the black. Appreciate your views


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Sent by the three of us, me myself and I.
Hurmmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #6
BaggyMcPipes
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 239
Default Re: Water bottles and camelpacs

I always wear a pack. We usually march in white shirt & tie with a gray vest- I find that the straps and pack itself blend-in to the vest well enough, (my pack is black and gray,) that it's hardly noticeable. And having the backpack is nice to pack a spare chanter with reed, some water bottles in case someone else needs a drink, etc.

Our band is far from paramilitary, so that's different, of course. But I don't find it at all difficult to play.

In fact, I have a photo here from the 4th of July parade- the hydration backpack was the least impeding thing I was wearing that day...

Hey- maybe a set of matching packs, with the band logo, so everyone is wearing them would be a way to go, eh?

However it shakes out- stay hydrated!
BaggyMcPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #7
Hurmmark
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Altoona iowa
Posts: 25
Default Re: Water bottles and camelpacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggyMcPipes View Post
I always wear a pack. We usually march in white shirt & tie with a gray vest- I find that the straps and pack itself blend-in to the vest well enough, (my pack is black and gray,) that it's hardly noticeable. And having the backpack is nice to pack a spare chanter with reed, some water bottles in case someone else needs a drink, etc.

Our band is far from paramilitary, so that's different, of course. But I don't find it at all difficult to play.

In fact, I have a photo here from the 4th of July parade- the hydration backpack was the least impeding thing I was wearing that day...

Hey- maybe a set of matching packs, with the band logo, so everyone is wearing them would be a way to go, eh?

However it shakes out- stay hydrated!


Like the photo you couldnít wear another flag...lol. I like your idea regarding matching packs great food for thought, thanks. pipe on!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Sent by the three of us, me myself and I.
Hurmmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Silver Sponsor

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:22 AM.