Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.


Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Drumming > Side / Snare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Side / Snare Pipe Bands or Solo - if it relates to Drumming...

Platinum Sponsors
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
tango68
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CANADA
Posts: 43
Default Practice Drum Pad Recommendation

Since Iím not a drummer, but have a 10 yr old who is, (with 2+ yrs experience), Iím looking to purchase a new practice pad for him.

I was going to buy the CP-1R from Innovative Percussion as some of the other band members have this pad, but I have talked to several distributors who cannot get them from the dealer. And one said avoid it as itís too big and not suitable for a pipe band. He leaned towards an Outlander VML.

Anyway, I realize there will be opinions all over the place, but curious if most lean towards a specific practice pad.
__________________
_____________________
Life's a game; play to win!
tango68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 08-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
Joseph Diodato
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 68
Default Re: Practice Drum Pad Recommendation

I've dabbled in a bit of pipe band drumming and I absolutely love the Offworld pads. The pad is a bit louder, but very articulate. You also might look into a softer pad as well so that your son can practice most times of the day and/or night without driving you mad.
__________________
Practice is the best of all instructors. - Publilius Syrus

My Piping Blog- A student's musings on learning the Great Highland Bagpipe.
Joseph Diodato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #3
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Estados Unidos
Posts: 6,479
Default Re: Practice Drum Pad Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango68 View Post
Since Iím not a drummer, but have a 10 yr old who is, (with 2+ yrs experience), Iím looking to purchase a new practice pad for him.

I was going to buy the CP-1R from Innovative Percussion as some of the other band members have this pad, but I have talked to several distributors who cannot get them from the dealer. And one said avoid it as itís too big and not suitable for a pipe band. He leaned towards an Outlander VML.

Anyway, I realize there will be opinions all over the place, but curious if most lean towards a specific practice pad.
Get the same pad all the other band drummers have. If they donít all,strive to convince them to all switch to the same.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
tango68
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CANADA
Posts: 43
Default Re: Practice Drum Pad Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gaitero View Post
Get the same pad all the other band drummers have. If they donít all,strive to convince them to all switch to the same.
Unfortunately thatís not an option being itís a youth band and most kids have a variety of pads and several having the same ones.

Might go with the Outlander VML, as the price is right and seems to be a Best Seller on a few drumming websites.
__________________
_____________________
Life's a game; play to win!
tango68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #5
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Estados Unidos
Posts: 6,479
Default Re: Practice Drum Pad Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango68 View Post
Unfortunately thatís not an option being itís a youth band and most kids have a variety of pads and several having the same ones.

Might go with the Outlander VML, as the price is right and seems to be a Best Seller on a few drumming websites.
..perfect opportunity to all get the same...get bids for a multi discount. Imbibe increased Ďserious-nessí into the team effort ,..discipline.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Silver Sponsor

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 PM.