Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 02-22-2019, 04:37 AM   #1
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Hagan bagpipes

You don't see Hagan pipes on Ebay very often

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hag...E5P:rk:12:pf:0

I'm guessing that the seller hasn't been paying attention for the prices used pipes go for on Ebay. I seriously doubt he will get half that price. A quarter of that price is more likely.

I visited Hagan's (Clan Bagpipes) workshop in Edinburgh in the 1980s and it was cool for someone who had never seen a pipemaking workshop, the floor covered with wood dust, stacks of various timbers, the ancient-looking lathe, and so forth.

But when I was working at a Highland Outfitter, and people would bring in random bagpipes they'd bought on holiday in Scotland to get them set up, somebody brought in a Clan Bagpipes set and it was very difficult to reed. That's my only experience with these instruments.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:55 AM   #2
BaggyMcPipes
Forum Regular

Default Re: Hagan bagpipes

*whistle* yeah that's a bit of a stretch on the price tag there...
BaggyMcPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
hooks
Forum Silver Medal

The condition of these pipes is given as "new "yet the seller says "Played these pipes for years..."
Are they new or used?
Dave
Old 02-23-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooks View Post
The condition of these pipes is given as "new "yet the seller says "Played these pipes for years..."
Are they new or used?
Dave
...they are also noted as ‘vintage ‘... the late ‘90’s Henderson reeds tell us ...something....I think. $5-600 might be plausible.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #5
Klondike Waldo
Holy smoking keyboard!

Send a message via AIM to Klondike Waldo

What would make these very plain pipes worth that kind of money? ( asking for a friend)
The only name I see stamped is Hagan, yet the seller names them as Hagan, Naill, Henderson

Something does not seem up to specs.