Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Forum Related Announcements > FYI
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FYI No discussion here, just information.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 11-02-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

Default Nearly two years old - and still...!!

We’re coming up on the two year anniversary of the Forums, and it’s been a bit since I shared some of the numbers related to our activity and growth. I think this ‘lack of sharing’ has been misunderstood by a few :humm: . The simple fact is, as much as I love looking at the statistics (and I do ), I do know that I am perhaps one of the few people (aside from our sponsors ?) that really cares.. So, for those folks that don’t really care about this.. Sorry, skip the rest of this post..

Two years ago, well it was in late November, these Forums opened. Certainly the most amazing fact is that the growth (in terms of visits, members, bandwidth, well - every measure of activity) has continued, month to month since the Forums started, and it doesn't seem there is an end in sight.

A simple example over the past year: in October of 2002 there were more than 415,000 visits to the home page of the Forums, for October of 2003 there were more than 620,000 Forum home page visits. As you will be able to see from the graph, the growth has remained surprisingly steady.

As another example, 11 of the last 15 months set records as the busiest ever. A year ago we were seeing just in excess of 25,000 unique visitors each month, but now I don’t really know how many different people visit each month (on our dedicated server I have tremendously detailed activity logs, but I don’t have the resources to analyze a month’s worth of data – The server produces 50+MB of log data each day (at my request) .. that is the ‘problem’ - too much data), I do know that on busy days we are now seeing in excess of 15,000 unique visitors.

Forum bandwidth numbers are just about beyond comprehension to me (Does 3 GB a day mean anything to you?) To put that in perspective, I think the BCPipers.org web site is a great site and a great success – every day 200 or so different people visit it and spend some time looking at all sorts of things there - well over a hundred web pages pages, thousands of photos, everything we can think of doing, to help the BCPA is being tried on the web site… And I think it’s doing pretty well - busy, popular, active. The forums, on a typical Monday or Tuesday use a greater bandwidth (number of byte transferred I mean) than the BCPA site sees in 5 months! OK.. I share it that way cause it just fogs my Little brain..

We’re doin’ GREAT – Thanks to all of you for joining us, and a big thanks to our sponsors (I hope you’re all visiting them regularly and thanking them) – for without them, this place would not exist – high performance dedicated servers, and our bandwidth are not cheap, but thanks to the sponsors .. It's working..

Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor