Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-10-2019, 04:30 AM   #11
OHpiper
Forum Member

Default Re: "New" Husk Reeds

I'm open to try his reeds, he's here in Ohio so I would get them rather quick. I e-mailed him a message on the 7th and haven't heard back. For those who have them have you tried the senior/beginner and easy strength?
Thanks
OHpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 01-10-2019, 09:17 AM   #12
piper_hm
Forum Gold Medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHpiper View Post
I'm open to try his reeds, he's here in Ohio so I would get them rather quick. I e-mailed him a message on the 7th and haven't heard back. For those who have them have you tried the senior/beginner and easy strength?
Thanks
Be patient - he's recovering from surgery, so it might be a bit before he's back at reed making again. The easy strength are very comfortable to play with basically no 'blow in' time required. Very consistent from reed to reed, as well.
piper_hm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #13
OHpiper
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper_hm View Post
Be patient - he's recovering from surgery, so it might be a bit before he's back at reed making again. The easy strength are very comfortable to play with basically no 'blow in' time required. Very consistent from reed to reed, as well.
I was totally unaware, prayers to him for a quick recovery..
Old 01-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #14
Keith Jeffers
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHpiper View Post
I was totally unaware, prayers to him for a quick recovery..
I spoke with Shawn for several hours last week. He is working to get on the road to recovery. I'm sure he will need some patience from those of us that play his reeds.

Until he can recover and get caught up, I can dig through my reed stash and send you one of his new reeds if you would like?
Keith Jeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #15
OHpiper
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Jeffers View Post
I spoke with Shawn for several hours last week. He is working to get on the road to recovery. I'm sure he will need some patience from those of us that play his reeds.

Until he can recover and get caught up, I can dig through my reed stash and send you one of his new reeds if you would like?
I appreciate the offer that's kind of you.. I just started on this journey last year, (since retirement) been on the pipes since August and still finding my comfort zone. Playing an Abedour emerald easy reed now and sounds really good.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #16
Shawn Husk
Holy smoking keyboard!

Hi everyone,

I had to have emergency eye surgery the day after Christmas so it's been a real trying few weeks. The good news is that the surgery was successful and I will eventually have full use of my right eye again, but it's going to take some months before I'm out of the woods.

In the mean time I am still able to make reeds, just need to learn to do it with one eye lol and thankfully I have a local piper to help me with the testing process as I can not currently blow reeds due to the pressure increase in the eye.

Thanks again for your concern.

www.huskreeds.com
Shawn Husk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #17
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

..just keep an eye on what your doing.......

el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote