Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 03-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #31
Gus1903
Forum Member

Default Re: Canmore Hybrid bags

For those of you who have played the Canmore Synthetic and the Canmore Hybrid, how would you compare them in terms of handling moisture?
Gus1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 03-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #32
piper_hm
Forum Clasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus1903 View Post
For those of you who have played the Canmore Synthetic and the Canmore Hybrid, how would you compare them in terms of handling moisture?
The Hybrid breathes much better. The material is stiffer and doesn't flop like the older style green Gore-Tex. This is the first synthetic bag I've been able to play with no MCS on the drones - only a simple tube trap with a Trap-Dri.
piper_hm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:26 AM   #33
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper_hm View Post

The Hybrid breathes much better. The material is stiffer and doesn't flop like the older style green Gore-Tex. This is the first synthetic bag I've been able to play with no MCS on the drones - only a simple tube trap with a Trap-Dri.
I posted here within the past few days under two topics re the Canmore hybrid. I gushed about how super well it has performed for me lately in s few cold weather gigs....with tube trap/trap dri

I was remiss to not equally mention I was playing my Mccallum acetyl pipes set up with MG White Mamba reeds.

Rock solid. And a 99% dry bag when checking at home later. Brilliant.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #34
William McKenzie
Forum Clasp

Anyone know if these are available as tie in? I'm not a grommet fan myself.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:55 AM   #35
svspiper
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by William McKenzie View Post
In my experience, the drone grommet design and drone locations on the Canmore Hybrid pipe bags are better than on the Bannatyne. The drone positions and drone angle are better for me with the Canmore. The Canmore Hybrid bag has better vibrancy and harmonics. YMMV.

How many people have tried traditional tie-in of the chanter stock on the Canmore Hybrid? I'm interested in dispensing of the metal hose clamp for the chanter stock and using a traditional tie-in for the chanter stock. If anyone has tried this, please share your experience.

Thanks.
svspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:37 AM   #36
piper_hm
Forum Clasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by William McKenzie View Post
Yes, it's on their website (a non-grommet version for tie-in).
Old 03-06-2019, 05:40 AM   #37
piper_hm
Forum Clasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by svspiper View Post
In my experience, the drone grommet design and drone locations on the Canmore Hybrid pipe bags are better than on the Bannatyne. The drone positions and drone angle are better for me with the Canmore. The Canmore Hybrid bag has better vibrancy and harmonics. YMMV.

How many people have tried traditional tie-in of the chanter stock on the Canmore Hybrid? I'm interested in dispensing of the metal hose clamp for the chanter stock and using a traditional tie-in for the chanter stock. If anyone has tried this, please share your experience.

Thanks.
I tie in the chanter stock on my Canmore Hybrid. Works great! I don't trust the o-ring and clamp myself. Always worried that the o-ring isn't completely sealed in the groove.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:43 AM   #38
svspiper
Forum Regular

Quote:
I tie in the chanter stock on my Canmore Hybrid. Works great! I don't trust the o-ring and clamp myself. Always worried that the o-ring isn't completely sealed in the groove.
Thanks for your reply. Glad this works well. I'm going to traditional tie-in for chanter stock also.
svspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #39
William McKenzie
Forum Clasp

Quote:
This is good to hear. If I have more funds soon (spent much of my slush fund already getting set back up again) I might seriously consider this bag, maybe I can find a used medium to try first.

Quote:

Thanks.
Maybe it's just myself but I've always tied in all my chanter stocks. I did just buy a set of hose clamps though to get up and running this time.

Quote:
Yes, it's on their website (a non-grommet version for tie-in).
Fantastic, thank you.

Again if I can get ahold of a used Cannmore hybrid medium then I can get a better idea if it'll work for me enough to save up and purchase a non-grommeted new bag.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #40
dwindbag
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Glad this works well. I'm going to traditional tie-in for chanter stock also.
I currently have the Canmore with the rubber collars. I have long arms and my hand position isn't comfortable. Grips and birls are crisp on the PC and sloppy on the pipes. If I go the bag without the collars, I can adjust and tie them in a better position for my hands.

Any issues tying in the stocks? Any harder than a hide bag?

Thanks
dwindbag is offline   Reply With Quote