Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-30-2020, 12:55 AM   #1
Donald Ross
Forum Clasp

Default C.E. Kron pipemaker

Anyone know if Charley is still making a selling pipes? Website is still there, but links to several dealers who no longer carry Krons. Also, last post on FB was 7 months ago, when he had 6 medalist chanters available.

My thanks to anyone who might know if he has closed up shop, or still making pipes and just not using the website much anymore.
Donald Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 08-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #2
Andrew Lenz

Default Re: C.E. Kron pipemaker

Are you saying there was no response when you called and emailed him using the contact information on his website?

Andrew

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ---Mark Twain
Andrew Lenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
Patrick McLaurin
Holy smoking keyboard!

Hes on eBay under krontone. Got a chanter and thermowax up for sale right now.
Patrick McLaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:40 AM   #4
Donald Ross
Forum Clasp

Thank you, Andrew and Patrick. I got help contacting him in the PMs. I saw the email address on his website, and I had drafted an email here, then I figured if I don't hear back in a week or less, I am still going to wonder if he is just slow to respond like so many pipe, bag, and reed makers are, or if he has shut the shop down completely. Having joined this forum 20 years ago, I knew if he was still in business, someone here would have done business with him recently and indeed some have.

Then, I also saw him post a few of his medalist chanters on Ebay and that was additional confirmation.

Appreciate the replies here. Thanks, again!
Donald Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #5
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Reading between the lines, I will observe that having a few chanters for sale over the last 7 months, and "still in the business of making and selling pipes" are two different things.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:50 AM   #6
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancelticpiper View Post
Reading between the lines, I will observe that having a few chanters for sale over the last 7 months, and "still in the business of making and selling pipes" are two different things.
I still have a bit of his thermowax bought in his prior NJ shop about 12 or so years ago. Good stuff...he makes it himself...but a bit pricey at $640/ lb.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote