Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other Topics > In Memoriam
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Memoriam Sharing memories of friends and loved ones departed from our world of piping drumming and pipe bands.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 11-20-2006, 11:09 PM   #421
The Lady Piper
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: Bob Dunsire

Thank you, Bob, for this great forum - I have piping buddies all over the world thanks to you!

The Lady Piper
Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #422
BESharp
Forum Regular

Thank you Bob and family for everything you've done for the piping community. This is by far the greatest web resource for pipers, and I dare say much of the Scottish music culture.

You will be missed, but your spirit carries on.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #423
jd3214
Forum Silver Medal

Deepest sympathy to family and friends. Bob's contributions to the world of piping are truly historical and remarkable. You have made the entire world your family by creating this wonderful vehicle for commuication. Aye, Robert, your like will n'er be seen again. Thank you and may you rest in peace knowing that you have truly changed the world for the better by your having been here.
jd3214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #424
alienpiper
Forum Regular

Thank you Bob; by sharing your talents you have given so much inspiration and guidance to so many, and in so doing, changed strangers into friends.

Peace be with you and your family.

Ewan
alienpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:38 AM   #425
John Broadwell
Forum Member

I am extremely saddened to learn of Bobs passing and at such a young age. My heart goes out to his family at this difficult time.

I was fortunate enough to meet Bob at The Argyllshire Gathering in 2001 through the good offices of our mutual friend, Ken Mackenzie. Alison was playing in one of the competitions there and I know he was one of the proudest dads at the gathering.

My immediate impression of him was that of a man with a lot to still accomplish ahead of him and a zest for life driven by his restless intelligence and creative energy.

Bob was a man who was very much alive, more so than most of us. There could never be any doubt that once you encountered him you could not fail to know that you had met someone very special.

Bob, you were a rare human being, you shared your gifts openly and willingly with the piping community and I am proud to have met you – thank you.

I too remember the dark days of the “Recreational Music Makers Bagpipe” (RMMB) newsgroup, the disintegration of which provided the creative opportunity for the development of Bob’s forums.

Boy, did you succeed?

Bob; you will be sorely missed and we are all diminished by your passing, though whilst any of us here draw breath, you will be fondly remembered.

Yours aye, with love
John Broadwell

W. Blake
John Broadwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #426
Oengus
Forum Silver Medal

One man planted a tree, and now the forest thrives.

There is nothing like a walk in the woods to ease the burden of sadness:

Bob, "ya done good!"
Old 11-26-2006, 12:17 AM   #427
Brittany
Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Brittany Send a message via AIM to Brittany Send a message via Yahoo to Brittany

It's amazing how many lives Bob managed to touch through these forums alone. He has made a great impact on the piping community. My condolences to his family and friends. He is truly a legend.

God bless.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:17 AM   #428
John McCann
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

My condolences to his family and sadness to hear of Bob's passing. He was truly dedicated to piping, wish there were more like him.
John McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #429
Terrance
Forum Regular

Just read the announcement in the WPA newsletter and I was shocked. Bob will truly be missed. He was one of those individuals that you immediately liked when you met him. He will be missed. May God be with him and his family. I'm sure he will be sending Cheers from Heaven.
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #430
Jim59
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Hadn't checked the Forum in some time, and though I knew of his prognosis, I was startled and saddened to see the news of his passing. The piping community worldwide has lost a great champion, and those that knew him personally have lost a great friend.

Good on ya, Bob. The surest testimony to a life well lived is to be well remembered.
Jim59 is offline   Reply With Quote