Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Webmaster & Software
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webmaster & Software Piping site related, piping music related

Platinum Sponsors

Old 08-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #11
3D Piper
Forum Clasp

Default Re: Bagpipe Writing Software for Mac?

I have very much enjoyed using ElectricPipes for many years now. For some reason, I keep having to update my license (I see Celtic Pipes uses the same licensing system) about twice a year. I'm not sure if that happens because of an OS update or what, but naturally, it would happen when I was ready to notate some tunes.

Last night I downloaded EasyABC (free for windows and mac).

Using the quick-start guide on that page, and Andrew Lenz's ABC guide, well, it is easy!

While it is different than point-and-click, once you get the basics it is easy and fast- and free!

-Matthew
3D Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 08-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #12
Ron Teague
Holy smoking keyboard!

I've used Celtic Pipes off and on for a few years and works ok for ceol beg but not so good for piobaireachd where one doesn't need a time signature. In fact a time signature sort of messes up the composition. Any one find a good piobaireachd music writing program for a mac?

The Cheesy Piobaireachd Player
Ron Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #13
acadianpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Piper View Post
I have very much enjoyed using ElectricPipes for many years now. For some reason, I keep having to update my license (I see Celtic Pipes uses the same licensing system) about twice a year. I'm not sure if that happens because of an OS update or what, but naturally, it would happen when I was ready to notate some tunes.
That's odd. I've used Electric Pipes pretty much since it was launched and the only times I've had to update my licence was when I bought a new computer, which has happened two or three times. The licence is specific to the computer. I've found that, if you change your user name in Windows or change the name of the computer on which EPipes is running, the licence will no longer work. If you set these back to what they were when you registered your licence, though, EPipes will work again. Moving it to a different computer requires that the licence be updated. This is free, but a bit of a nuisance sometimes, since it can take a day or two, what with the program author residing in Australia.

I also use Celtic Pipes and I don't recall ever having had to update that licence. It seems to me that whenever I have switched to a new computer, I have simply installed Celtic Pipes on the new machine using my original registration number. I don't think Celtic Pipes uses the same registration system as Electric Pipes, at least for installations on computers running Windows. Perhaps it is different for Macs.

Last edited by acadianpiper; 08-07-2017 at 04:06 PM.
acadianpiper is offline   Reply With Quote