Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 08-14-2018, 04:02 AM   #21
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: MG White Mambas Drone Reeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvPiper View Post
Update on the reed situation. Contacted MG Reed and got a quick reply. What I found out; "The groove is deliberate, it is used when fine tuning some of the tongues as they are subject to tolerances as you have noted in your measurements. This is not a problem, however I did notice that the bodies have got the older sound hole which will leave the reeds a little tight, I thought I had caught them all but obviously not, my apologies for that." They are sending a replacement set and I will be sending the set I have back. Rory even posted a video of him testing the set he is sending. Looking forward to giving these another go.

Cheers
Zo.....What did the old sound hole look like compared to the new?
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 08-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #22
CorvPiper
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: MG White Mambas Drone Reeds

No idea. I have pics of the old set that I can compare with the new set when they arrive.
CorvPiper is offline   Reply With Quote