Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Ladies' Room
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ladies' Room For the Ladies.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-06-2004, 08:10 AM   #1
ChickaDee

Default Forum guidelines

The basic idea for this forum is simple. Content, whether Q&A format or general discussion, should pertain to women's issues. In keeping with the overall format of BDF, topics should be relevant to bagpiping, drumming, and Highland dancing. It is not the intent of this forum to replace any other forum. Please make sure topics posted here address women's issues.

Open discussion is encouraged for all forum members. Posts should offer valid and constructive information and advice. Certain topics may be sensitive or potentially embarrassing so please be considerate and respectful in your replies. Any comments or questions that are degrading, insulting, humiliating, or slanderous to ANYONE will not be tolerated.

As Bob mentioned, anyone that has either a question/advice/dilemma/reply that wishes to remain anonymous can send it to me via PM or email and I will post it. I will be the only one that will ever see these and all requests WILL be kept confidential.

It is my hope we will all benefit from information shared here. Okay....let's get to it!!

Dee
ChickaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-08-2004, 06:25 PM   #2
ChickaDee

Default Re: Forum guidelines

For those of you that do not know me, here's a few boring facts.

I started learning bagpipes 4 1/2 years ago. I am a member of Red River Pipes and Drums. Our band competes in Grade V and participates in parades/school events/local functions. I solo competed (once) in Grade IV last year, got 3 pretty medals and a plaque......and retired!!

I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from East Tennessee State University, May 1992. In the 12 years I've been a Registered Nurse, I've worked in GYN/Postpartum, Level I/Level II newborn nursery, and Labor & Delivery.

My greatest 'accomplishments' are my 3 daughters!!

Cheers,
Dee Fisher
ChickaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
Ken Maxwell
Forum Regular

Mat I make one small suggestion?
Do NOT allow men to make a entry in this "ladies only."
I have noticed through the years that this site is not used as it should.
The men have two other forums that we can tell the world how wise and great we are, plus the usual questions and answers.

A lot of times a lady will ask a question and a male will answer it. OK, so It;s answered, why not wait a day or two and a lady will answer it
I sincerely hope I am not out of line suggesting this to the guards of this forum.
I,m a pipe over 84, still playing and yes, I've had a dram or two but I have often thought there should be at least one area for the ladies to express themselves with questions and a lady's answer alone.
Am I out of step subgesting this? If so, I'm sorry. Cheers, Ken Maxwell
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
kaypiob
Holy smoking keyboard!

Honestly, I've never seen the need for this section of the forums. Without getting too deeply into potential PC disagreement territory and the like: This section has always seemed a little silly to me as there are really very few female-specific topics in piping to begin with. I've never felt any of the other sections were so male-dominated as to require a whole separate section for females.