Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Piobaireachd
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Piobaireachd For all things related to Piobaireachd ...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 01-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #1
Heatherbelle
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Piobaireachd Duet 'Lacrimae'

Willie McCallum and Jim McGillivray with Craig Muirhead will be recording my new composition Lacrimae in March. The link below takes you to the Indiegogo page where there is more information. It's quite a task playing music normally played by solo bagpipe, with someone else playing harmony. There is a Ground, Dithis Doub. Taor Doub. Crunluath Doub. Crunluath a Mach and repeat of Ground. It's a long time since on this very Forum you all encouraged me to try writing and Sheep in Buchts Kye in Fiels came to fruition. Since then Song of the Yellow Jessamine, Lament for the Old Man, Black Haired Hector, Moon Cradle and Alba Dreams. And now Lacrimae. Thank you all for your support with it all.

Last edited by Heatherbelle; 01-25-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Heatherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 01-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
moderntraditional
Forum Regular

Default Re: Piobaireachd Duet 'Lacrimae'

This is an exciting project, and I hope many of you will support it. It is another example of how vibrant and alive pibroch is today.

Please join her effort and support the art.
moderntraditional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Heatherbelle
Holy smoking keyboard!

Is 'piobaireachd duet' an oxymoron? I've been wondering all day. Because it has been played solo, did anyone say it should be/had to be?
Old 02-03-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

I was excited, thrilled, when I heard the band play a piobaireachd in their Medley at The Worlds. (Can't think of the band at the moment.)

It was the most innovative thing I'd heard in a long time.

Band after band playing the hammering pentatonic hornpipe/reel things to march in. Band after band switching between 4/4 and 3/4 in the middle of dance-tempo tunes. Band after band doing gimmicky transitions. Band after band doing a "reprise" at the end, with some pipers playing a fast dance tune while other play an air thing.

Then... the piobaireachd, with crunluaths and all. What a breath of fresh air. It was fantastic.

So I look forward to hearing this project.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #5
Heatherbelle
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancelticpiper View Post

Then... the piobaireachd, with crunluaths and all. What a breath of fresh air. It was fantastic.
Yes that sounds fabulous Richard. Lacrimae is coming along. I heard Jim McGillivray's interpretation of the melody today for the first time, and it brought me out in goosebumps. Jim is getting to grips with the melody first before switching to the harmony. And a new member of the team Alister Sinclair will be taking photographs on the day of the recording. Only seven weeks to go, but still a lot of fundraising to go!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...e/x/15884757#/
Old 02-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #6
Heatherbelle
Holy smoking keyboard!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...e/x/15898836#/

10 days of fundraising to go. Click on the link above then the pink button that says BACK IT to support world class players Willie McCallum Jim McGillivray and Craig Muirhead bring this music to life and let us all enjoy it free gratis for years to come via YouTube! Support quality, class, and outstanding performance, and give pipers everywhere something to aspire to. And your name on the credits. Please click on BACK IT now and help me realise a dream for all of us to share.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
Heatherbelle
Holy smoking keyboard!

Not 10 days but 10 hours now left to donate to https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...e/x/15898836#/

So excited to have Willie McCallum, Jim McGillivray and Craig Muirhead record this new piobaireachd at the end of March. If you haven't already, please come on board and support it! There's just enough time to click the pink BACK IT button!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
Roger Huth

This piobaireachd is crying to be heard

Just look at those names expected to deliver it

I hope the goal for funding this new piece is soon reached, and I can look forward to enjoying the music of 'Lacrimae'
Roger Huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #9
IsaacWalters
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Eager anticipation...