Bass & Tenor drumming, and the new home of tenordrummer.com discussions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenor videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katia
    replied
    Re: Tenor videos?

Dredging up an old thread to note that I did a Youtube search for "tenor drum" the other day and noticed there are a lot more instructional/informational type videos up than there were when I started a few years ago-- worth checking out.

Leave a comment:

• 3D Piper
    replied

How old is she?

I have three tenors (all girls) from 11-16.. We are about to make some videos for our incoming members, but they probably won't be ready until the end of summer..

Lynda Hall has some great videos on her site:

http://tenorandbass.com/

Start with the basics: how to hold the mallets with strings, how to hit the head properly, regimental and traditional movements, piano and forte. For flourishing, once you get past singles (as we call them) everything else falls into place.. It's just overcoming spinning the mallet smoothly with no tangles. No secrets there, just practice. Get a short light mallet, it really helps.

-Matthew

Leave a comment:

• Dirigible
    replied

Search youtube for tenor solo competitions. It's hard to find pipe band stuff among the american drum lines, but you can save the stuff you do find to a youtube playlist to find again easily. Here's a playlist of some I found: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3adRvZm80bHfy-

Leave a comment:

• Katia
    replied

What about searching for videos of tenor drumming competitions? Definite focus on the tenor drummers, and I like to watch all of the different styles.

Leave a comment:

• Gassy
    started a topic Tenor videos?

Tenor videos?

My daughter has decided to learn tenor drumming, and I'm trying to find good videos of tenor drummers for her to practice her technique to. There's the world championships of course which is great for some music to play to, but I was wondering if there's any videos that largely focus on the tenor drummers? Anything really inspirational too.
Working...
X